Chapter 38 - All in

- Rye's POV -

The next day when I went to school, everyone looked at me completely differently. Some people whispered around me as I passed by them, some of them just stared. But no one dared to say anything to me out loud.
I walked over to my friends, who still gave me fist bumps and still asked me if everything was okay and reassured me that they would never leave me.

Andy's friends walked up to my group, all of them looking concerned.
"Rye! You need to talk to him." Brook said.
"To Andy?"
"No, to Queen Elizabeth. Of course to Andy, you moron! Yesterday he didn't say anything to us after the incident, he walked home by himself and he didn't answer our texts or calls."
"Where is he?"
"Not here yet. But you have to talk to him, okay?"
"But... what should I say?"
"Man the fuck up, Beaumont!" Connor whisper shouted. "The whole school knows about you now, it doesn't matter if you act straight anymore, they all know you're dating him. So how about you actually admit it and be his boyfriend?!"

With the most perfect timing ever, Andy walked through the door and entered the hallway. Instead of his usual colourful outfits, today he was wearing black jeans with a grey hoodie, boots instead of heels and no makeup on.
"See, he's a complete mess." Harper said.
"He looks normal..." Jack noted.
"He doesn't." I argued. "He's not like this when he's okay."

I decided to do what Brook and Connor told me to, completely throwing my fears out the window as I jogged over to him and slipped a hand inside his. He stopped walking and raised his head to look at me.
"Hi." I whispered.
"Wh-what are you doing?"
"Holding my boyfriend's hand because he's sad." I replied with a shy smile. Andy, on the other hand, gave me a huge, teethy grin and jumped into my arms, happily squealing as I caught him and pulled his body flush against mine.

When he let go of me, I took his hand in mine again and looked at our friend group. They were all smiling at us, Brook and Harper cheering loudly to embarass us all.
I looked into Andy's beautiful ocean blue eyes and smiled.
"Where's your first class?"
"Upstairs, classroom 13."
"I'll walk you."

When we got to the room, there were already a few people inside that either pretended to not care or didn't give two fucks about us holding hands.
I walked Andy over to his desk at the front and I watched him jump up to sit on the desktop.
"My whole family knows about us. I forgot to mention that." I said while chuckling.
"You told them?"
"Well you know Kate already knew. And then this Friday when I was getting ready to leave to the motel, Robbie asked who's the girl I'm going out with and when I didn't asnwer, he asked 'is it Andy' and I was completely freaked out but he took it well and it doesn't bother him."
"Looks like we're not that good at hiding." Andy laughed.

"I told the twins this weekend. They said you're nice and they like you." I kept going, now shuffling closer to stand between his legs and put my hands on his thighs. "God, I've wanted to do this forever."
"What?"
"Touching you like this. Like Harvey always did."
"Let's not talk about him please." he smiled. "Just... kiss me?"
"I- now?"
"Yeah I mean... is that too early? Do you not want to-"
"It's okay. If you gonna do something you're scared to do then you better go all in, right?"

And with that I pressed my lips against his in a soft kiss. It was quick and gentle and when we pulled away and I looked around, the few people who were in the room weren't looking at us at all. I let out a relieved sight as I turned back to Andy.
"Babe, no one cares." he whispered.
"I'll have to get used to it."
"I won't force you."

"Sooo what do you say, tutoring after school?" hs asked after a long pause.
"Detention. Remember, I broke Elliot's nose."
"...Who's Elliot?"
"Apparently, the fucker who tried to force himself on you. They wanted to suspend me again, but I told them exactly what happened so I 'only' have to do detention every day for this week." I said, rolling my eyes.
"It's okay, then next week." Andy said and pressed a kiss on my cheek.

The bell rang and I had to pull away from him again.
"See you after class?" I asked.
"Wait, you actually want to walk me around all day?"
"Of course. I'm not letting any other guy hit on you like that ever again. From now on babe, you're handcuffed to me. Well, not physically but we'll see about that." I said, followed by a wink, before I walked out of the room, surely leaving my boyfriend red from what I had just said.