Chapter 6 - I Have to Be Perfect

- Andy's POV -

When I went back to school on Monday, everything was the same, except one tiny detail. There was an addition to Rye's group. Now it wasn't only him, Sonny, Jack and Kirsty. There was a new face. Honor Lamberty. My eyes widened as Rye slammed her up against a locker and started kissing her because wow, I wasn't used to that visual and I did not want to see it ever again.

I turned my head away and saw Brook and Harper chatting at the other side of the hallway. I walked over to them, but as I passed the group of my bullies, I heard Sonny's mocking voice."

"Walk walk fashion baby!" he said and the others laughed. I looked down at the heels and the mini skirt I was wearing and I felt my cheeks heat up. God I really did not think this trough. But then I remembered what Brook told me, that not every guy could pull off skirts but I was an exception. So I turned my head to look at Sonny with a smile on my face.

"If that's what you really want." I said flirtiaously and continued walking while swaying my hips. I got a few wolf whistles around and when I turned around again, I saw Jack and Sonny's disgusted face. Rye, though... he didn't even look up from where he had his face buried in Honor's neck.

"Wow Andy, you look sexy." Harper said and I gave him a wink.
"Thanks Harp. Are you guys coming to English or what? I really don't feel like-" I turned my head back to the group. I didn't feel like watching Rye eat up that bitch. "-like being picked on because of my outfit even more."
We headed to our classroom and sat down at our usual place, somewhere around the front. 10 minutes later, the class started and Rye and his friends walked in, late as always.

"Oi Fowler, you know, if you stood out at the corner of the street then you could quickly earn the price of that skirt." Rye said as he passed by me. His friends laughed loud and I heard other people giggle as well, but I ignored it. I wanted to study, studying made me forget. I had to study.

After classes, I was about to get out of school and walk home when I saw Rye in the hallway. He was alone, his phone in his hand, clearly lost in his thoughts.

"Rye!" I called and he turned his head to me. His eyes turned angry as soon as they saw me and I felt so small again. I walked over to him nevertheless and only stopped when we were like only a foot apart. I cleared my throat and gathered the courage to look up into his eyes.
"I was thinking... Maybe you could come over today. I have everything planned now, I put together the whole essay, you just have to write it down so the teacher would see that you worked on it as well. But it's technically ready now."

He looked at me with the anger still visible in his eyes, but other than that, his face blank.
"Can't. Detention." he answered nonchalantly while running the fingers on his tattooed hand over his soft brown locks.
"Oh. I'm sorry." I said quietly. "Maybe later?"
"Got a date."
"Oh um... then I guess we have to settle for tomorrow. Maybe do half of it during History and then do the remaining work at home." I suggested and Rye only nodded in reply. "Okay then. Um... Can I ask why did you get into detention?"

"Missed a class with Honor." he said with a smirk. My eyes were stuck to his lips as his tongue came out and licked over his bottom lip. Then, his perfect white teeth were on full display as his half-smirk turned into a full on grin.
"Y-you mean... You two had..."
"Well if you want to leave a classroom fully empty then you have to expect that students will go in there." he shrugged and shivers ran down my spine as I visualized the scene. Rye with that girl, having sex in an empty classroom. Holy shit.

"Okay, I think I will... I will go now. Bye." I said quickly before turning on my heels and heading outside. When I got to the parking lot in front of the school, I hid behind a car and crouched down until I was sure no one could see me. My heart was beating so fast and I had no idea why. Was I really that scared of Rye? But none of this stuff affected me before, then why now? Why would he make my heart beat so fast right now? This wasn't right. Something was off and I had to find the reason.

"And they really had sex?" Brook asked, leaning forward in his, well, my chair. He came over to do Chemistry homework together but we kind of... got distracted. Yes, I told him about what Rye said earlier that afternoon and Brook was rather interested in it, which wasn't surprising, he usually liked to hear the school gossips. Not that he ever told any, he just liked to listen.

"Well, I think so. I mean, he smirked and licked his lips and all. They must have."
"Which classroom?"
"I don't know, I didn't ask."
"Why not?! You should have!"
"Brook he already looked at me like I was a weirdo. This is all I let myself ask from him and no more." I blushed a deep red and tried to look anywhere but in my friend's eyes as I imagined that conversation. Maybe he'd have showed me... And... No. What the hell Andy, get yourself together!

"It's just gross, now all I'll be able to think about while sitting in a classroom that Honor's naked ass had been on one of the desks." Brook said with a disgusted face. Then he gasped. "Or maybe they did it on the teacher's desk!" at that, we both started laughing.

Soon, we went back to studying Chem, and when we were done, Brook offered to help me make dinner.

"Don't be silly, just go home Brook. There's no need for this." I protested.
"Andy you're my best friend. I know your mum isn't feeling well, I'll help you."
I wanted to say something, but I knew Brook wasn't going to let me win. So I let him help me while my mum was fast asleep in her room. We were chatting, but no matter how hard I tried to distract myself, I couldn't take my mind off something.

"What's on your mind, Fovvs?" Brook asked, moving closer to me. I sadly smiled at him and shook my head.
"Nothing." I replied quietly.
"Tell me, please Andy."
I looked at him again and the minute my eyes met his, something broke in me. I started crying immediately, first trying to stiffle it but as soon as he pulled me into his arms, I started full on sobbing.

"Andy..." Brook whispered while soothingly running his hand up and down my back.
"It's so hard Brook. Mum's so sick so I can't let her work, but now I do everything. And I can't let this affect my grades so I stay up so late studying. Not that I got a lot of sleep before either, but this last week I slept like 3 or 4 hours on an average. It's so bad but I can't let her work. I can't Brook, I would be a horrible son if I let her work even after all the things she has done for me."
"Sssh, Andy, it's okay." he tried to calm me, but I couldn't. Everything just poured right out of me.