cold feet

If this ain't Caroline- I'm back babies 🥺💖

A crowd surrounded Bakugou, persuading him  to be on their team for the cavalry battle. He overlooked their faces and statements about their quirks to view a certain ravenette female. 

He had mixed emotions about going over to her. She was a chaotic girl wrapped in chains of complexity. Katsuki saw her as a powerful asset to his team and an advantage for other possibilities in the sports festival. However, this would only encourage her to think this is a way for them to be more acquainted. 

"I want to know you more Katsuki. You're just as curious as I am.” 

He was. That he cannot deny. The fierce passion seeped through her blazing gaze that pierced him. She was a gentle, yet strong girl. In one minute she could be the sweetest and the next a beast of a woman. Her quirk was a dangerous source that she was barely getting a grasp of and it was her emotions that held her back, something he witnessed. When she apparently tried to save him at the USJ, she wasn't thinking about her own self. 

That's why he shut every thought of her down the drain and focused on the people that stood before him, begging for him to choose them. 

💜💥💜

"You sure are a sight for sore eyes or should I say burn? I mean your quirk has to do with fire, am I correct?" 

Caroline flinched at the husky voice, beside her ear. She slowly turned her head to see a tall male with fair skin, beside the dark circles underneath his eyes. His lavender eyes stared down at her as he ran a hand through his matching lavender fluffy hair. 

He controlled those other students. I should be careful…

She nodded and looked away from them, trying to search for anyone other than him. Surely, there were people who wanted her to be on their team. 

"Hm, I will take your silence as a knowing for my quirk. Though, you look uncomfortable. Is the reason perhaps my own presence instead of my quirk? Is it because I'm not in the hero course? Huh, must be since you guys seem to be protective of your reputation." Shinso scoffed. 

He's trying to guilt trip me. . .AND FOR SOME REASON I WANT TO MESS WITH HIS HAIR-

Caroline cleared her throat. She gave the purple haired male a forced smile before pushing past him. It was an awkward move, but she didn't want to deal with his whole depresso boi shtick. 

Her eyes peeled to her classmates. The first in her vision was Todoroki. His group consisted of Yaoyorozu, Kaminari, and Iida. No doubt they were going to win a place. With ice, speed, created weapons at hand, and Kaminari, that was a whole squad of power. Knowing Todoroki he chose wisely. 

Then, she looked to Midoriya. Poor boy had unfortunately paid a price for being in first place. He was with Ochaco, some pink haired wacko, and Tokoyami. 

Lastly, she saw Bakugo. He was with Kirishima, Ashido, and Sero. There was some sour taste that filled Caroline's mouth as she stared at them. However, she remembered his declaration and ambition for this competition. 

Competition. That's right. This whole thing was a competition and despite a course requiring teamwork, it was still a competition. She couldn't rely on others to push her forward. This was her own battle. 

"Kajimo-san!" 

A ginger haired girl with the prettiest green eyes jogged over to Caroline with a friendly smile, interrupting the latina's thoughts. Coming closer, Caroline noticed there were other girls beside her.