(8) The Post-It Note Girl

"Shut up!" James yelled at me, while I screamed for the last ten minutes.

"Well I'm supposed to scream. Now find the cable and fix the lights!" I yelled back.

"How should I know where it is? Just wait till morning, plus we don't have school tomorrow, so don't worry about that." he chuckled.

He's right we don't have school tomorrow, but staying with James in his house, alone?

I didn't want to stay inside with James, and especially alone. "Wait James you mean stay here?" I asked.

"Unless you want to stay out in the dark, hard, pouring, rain." he shrugged. Even though I couldn't see him, I could tell he was smirking.

"I'll take my chances." and with that walked/ran to find the door because I did not want to stay alone with him. So I fumbled up and just tried to find the doorknob so I can walk home. I mean the weather outside couldn't be that bad.

I finally found the doorknob and clicked it open and stepped outside, the rain was worse than I expected. It was pitch black, while hard droplets of rain poured, and some thunder effects. I just stood there for five minutes, lost in thought of the rain. It was just so mesmerizing seeing the rain hit the flowers. Wow, I sound completely drunk right now.

A doorknob click made me jump and destroyed my thoughts of the rain. I couldn't see anyone, but I was guessing it was James. Then, I felt someone's hands interlock with mine, and a leather jacket wrapped around me. I sure felt chills down my spine and it wasn't because of the rain.

"Alexis I thought you were smarter than that." James said, locking the door. He suddenly pushed me against the wall inching closer and closer to my face.

"Don't you ever fucking do that again. You got that?" he said heavily. The water from his hair dropped to my nose and some fell on my lips.

His eyes towered over to my lips as he slowly began taking in his bottom lip with his teeth.

"You got that?" he asked again. To be honest I was too distracted to answer the first so I finally begin to speak.

"I-I just don't want to be alone in here with you." I stuttered. Great I ruined it.

"Well same here." he threw back. Ouch.

He slowly let go of me and began heading into the living room.

"Hey lets play 20 questions." I suggested.

"Really Alexis?"

"Well we have nothing better to do, right? The powers out an-"

"Sure whatever," he interrupted. "let me just get the flashlight, stay here." he said as he stood up, and disappeared into the dark hallway.

I waited for five minutes, and he still didn't show up. I felt like I was in one of those horror movies, and some killer was behind me holding a chainsaw. For some reason, the movie, Texas Chainsaw was replaying in my head. I was scared a psycho masked guy will kill me with a chainsaw. Then, suddenly a lighting striked  and it scared the frickin crap outta me.

So I jumped up and darted to the hallway. "James where are you?" I said trembling in fear of chainsaws and masks men. I have a thing for horror movies so I get scared easily. I crept through each room.

No answer.

"Did you find it?" I kept on walking and walking, but no answer. Gosh, why does there hallway have to be so fucking long.