Chapter 25

the best thing to hold onto in life is each other

in life is each other

~

Cliche alert. All the scenes I've seen in dramas have corrupted my mind. Buhahahah!

~

Muntaha was contemplating whether to call her mother or not. She had freed her hair from the bun and removed every piece of jewellery. She was sitting on the bed resting her back on the head board with her hair cascading over the pillow behind her back, the gharara flaring around her legs and her hands filled with deep maroon mehndi stain. Her lips were slightly swollen with the constant biting, eyes puffy from constant crying and nose and cheeks a deep red.

Her phone was clutched in her hand when it started ringing and the name 'Ammi❤' popped. She accepted the call immidiately and brought the phone to her ear. Before she could say anything, tears started escaping her eyes and she started sobbing.

"Meri jaan, don't cry." Her mother tried to console her with her own teary voice. Afterwards she asked her to explain and Muntaha told her what happened in detail.

"Whatever happened, we cannot change it. I know you would never lie to me but beta you should've told us."

"Ammi, it took me time to accept the reality and we were waiting for the wedding to be over so we won't create a hustle in between." She said wiping the fresh tears.

"Your father is very upset with you. I'll try to talk to him but you have to clear up everything with him." Her mother said. Muntaha stayed quite for a few moments then blurted out what was eating her from the inside.

"Does he...does he hate me?" She asked with a trembling voice.

"Ofcourse not! My love, he is just upset at the moment but he'll become normal again when he gets to know about the whole situation." That sent some relief to her. She'll try her best to amend the things, she thought.

"Now, get some sleep, okay? I'll send your clothes and accessories to your susral tomorrow." Muntaha blushed at the susral word. It's all so new to her. At the same time, the door of the room opened and Faris came in.

"Okay, Ammi. Allah Hafiz." She said and cut the call. She looked up and noticed Faris eyeing her form and she felt shy all of a sudden realising her lack of cover and plunging neckline. She got up hurriedly to get her dupatta and draped it over shoulders making him smirk.

"You cannot just barge into someone's room without asking."

Faris who was eyeing his wife with a worried gaze assessing her for physical injuries since he didn't do that before when they came out of the police station. But his overthinking wife, always takes his actions to be something else, he thought amusedly.