Chapter 18

your hands touching mine,this is how galaxies collide

this is how galaxies collide

~

"We need to talk."

Muntaha was lost in her own thoughts and about to leave the kitchen to escape from him when he caught her wrist and spun her around making her stumble. She lost her balance and was about to land on her butt-once again- but Faris caught her in time with his arm around her waist and the other hand holding her arm.

"Uh-sorry." Muntaha pushed lightly at his shoulder after she gained her balance. Faris took a step back to give her some space.

"Dehaan se. Har waqt girti parti rehti ho." Faris said in an annoyed tone but actually he was concerned about her well-being.

(Be careful. You keep falling here and there all the time.)

"Haww! You were the one who pulled me, you sadistic cow." Muntaha said angrily, offended by his comment.

"I didn't pull yo- ek minute...sadistic cow?!" He was about to say that he didn't pull her, he just wanted to talk to her but then he realised that she called him 'cow'.

"You think I'm fat?" He grabbed her hands and put them over his toned stomach.

She called him that in a burst of anger though his muscular body was quite visible from underneath the clothes even to her. She got very flusterred when he grabbed her hands and put them over his abdomen. She could feel the toned stomach-possibly abs-under her sweating palms.

"This is pure muscle, babe." Faris gloated and observed the blush rise from her neck to her cheeks. The gym hours somehow paid off, he thought with a smirk.

Muntaha's heart skiped a beat on hearing the endearment.

"I- I am sorry, I didn't mean it like that." She said looking down. Muntaha had faced body shamming all her childhood. She was a confident kid but others put her down by using her weight and appearance against her. She was a very chubby girl as she loves food which is why she faced leg-pulling and insults thrown at her. She started to loathe herself, stopped eating and beating herself mentally about that. It was quite a dark phase for her but she came out of it with the help of her supporting family. Now she stood at a healthy weight but still, in her opinion, body shamming was the lowest level one could go.

Faris left one of her hands and tilted her chin up with his index finger. He could see pain floating in those slightly teary green orbs.

"I was just teasing you." He was looking in her eyes like he would read her soul. He wanted to know what she was thinking about, what gave her so much pain.

"What is taking you guys so long?" Safi entered the kitchen and asked startling both the love birds who were lost in each others eyes.

Muntaha hurridely pulled her hands back and created some distance between them.