Chapter 24

hold my handthrough it all

hold my hand
through it all

~

"Sir, we were just doing our duty. The kids should not roam around so late at night. We don't want our generation to go wayward. And they didn't mention they are married."

Faris and Muntaha were taken to the police station. They were left with no choice other than calling their parents. Faris asked Abdullah to bring a file from his drawer with him and ofcourse Abdullah couldn't stop himself from checking it. He was shocked to find a marriage certificate along with some other official papers in it and he told his father in the state of shock. The fact was so shocking to both of the families but they didn't have time to ponder over it as their children's safety came first. Both the fathers, Kamal Ahmed, Abdullah and Safi went to police station. Zayyad Khan called the DIG on his way and he assured him that both of the kids will be released immidiately with no police charges. The SHO was shocked to get a call from the DIG personally that too this late at night. He assured him that the guy and the girl will be released with no charges without any inconvenience.

When the men arrived, Muntaha was about to hug her dad but her father averted his gaze from her and she was confused as well as hurt. When the inspector explained that they arrested them because they thought they both were being inappropriate wandering in the car together without having any relation whatsoever so late at night.

Muntaha felt the ground slip from beneath her feet when Zayyad Khan told them that they were a married couple and showed them the marriage certificate. She looked at her father to see his reaction but he was neutral other than the clenched fist.

'He already knew.' She thought completely terrified.

The inspector apologised for the inconvenience and they all left. Muntaha was about to sit in her father's car when the door was slammed shut.

"Go with your husband." Saleem Ahmed spat the words out with fury dripping from his eyes.

"Abbu...." Tears kept flowing down her cheeks and she touched her father's arm.

"Donot call me that. I am not your father." Sobs escaped her throat and she tried to stop them with her hand.

"Please don't say that, Abbu." She kept sobbing. The hurt and disappointment in her father's eyes was piercing through her heart.

"You lost the right to call me your father when you decided to betray us and break the trust we put in you." He said turning his face away from his daughter as if looking at her brought him physical pain.

"It is not like that." The words escaped with difficulty as her sobs didn't stop. Her Chachu held her shoulders and rubbed her back a little.

"Beta, your father is angry at the moment. We will talk about this tomorrow with calm minds. Right now, you should go with your in-laws." Kamal Ahmed said in a calm voice. He didn't want to make a scene in public and he knew his brother was too angry at the moment to think straight.