Chapter 9

being a gentleman never goes out of fashion

being a gentleman
never goes out of fashion

~

'Baba.'

Faris thought as he came out of the bathroom freshly showered with a towel wrapped around his waist and saw a Sergio Rossi box sitting on his bed. It was his father's way of showing love to them. And Faris did deserve an appericiation for closing such an important deal. He changed into a deep blue custom-made suit and put on his new boots, styling his hair and wearing a Rolex on his way out.

He was setting his cuffs while coming down the stairs when he heard his mother saying,

"MaShaAllah! Mera beta jawan ho gaya hai. Larki dhoondni parre gi lagta hai." (My is all grown up. I should start looking for ny daughter-in-law now.)

"Ammi." Faris kissed his mother's cheek and side hugged her.

"Let's go. Faris, are you riding with us?" Zayyad Khan, Faris's father, said coming down the stairs fixing his cuffs.

Like father, like son.

"Ammi, kahin Bhai ki jagah Abbu ke liye larki na mill jaye. Dehan krain zara." (Mom, dad might bag a girl instead of brother. Keep an eye on him.) Abdullah said with a goofy smile and came to kiss his mother's cheek.

Abdullah Zayyad Khan, the youngest child of Zayyad Khan and Aqsa Zayyad. He was the polar opposite of Faris with his jolly personality, loud mouth and happy-go-lucky nature. He could make anyone like him with his easy-going attitude and soothing aura. He was also dominating as the dominance ran in the Khan blood but he was the most mischevous of them all.

"Chalo badtameez!" His mother lightly scolded him but everyone was laughing at his goofiness.

"Aray Ammi, sahi to keh raha hu. See how dashing he looks." Abdullah further teased.

"Beta jee, humara dill to ek hi larki pr ana tha jo humain mill chuki. Apki khoobssurat Ammi." (Son, my only beats for one woman and I already have her. Your mother.) Zayyad Khan's playful behaviour was rare but he was a complete different man around his family.

"Waah Abbu! Let's have a couple picture on this note." Abdullah said dragging his blushing mother towards his father.

"Toba hai. Ap baap bete to hadd hi kr dete hain." (Oh god. You father-son duo are too much sometimes.) His mother, Aqsa Zayyad, said blushing red at their naughtiness.

"Ammi, stop being shy. Be modern. And Baba, put your arm around her." Abdullah guided, acting like a photographer.

"Like this?" Zayyad Khan questioned mischievously, wrapping an arm around his blushing wife.