Chapter 11

follow your soulit knows the way

follow your soul
it knows the way

~

"What happened?"

Muntaha asked as soon as she sat in Safi's car.

"Na salam, na dua. What is this?" Safi said starting the car and driving out of the university campus.

"Tell me why did you come out of the blue to pick me?" Muntaha asked, now getting worried.

"Everything is fine so stop getting worried." Safi said giving Muntaha a look as he knew his cousin since they were babies. "Taya invited us for lunch since Bhai came back so he asked me to pick you up."

"But nobody told me about this dawat." Muntaha said with a pout.

"I've told you so many times. You are adopted." Safi teased Muntaha and received a slap on his arm to which he laughed loudly.

"Bhai, I think we should start looking for Sherry's bride." Umayyah Saleem said on the dining table, passing a teasing smile to Shehryar who tried to act non-chalant but his ears turned a little red.

"Bhabhi, I've asked him so many times if he likes someone or not. But mera beta bilkul nikamma hai is mamlay mai." (But my son is of no use in this matyer.) Zoya Kamal, Muntaha's Chachi, said while serving his husband some biryani.

"Ammi! Bhai have been living in abroad. Koi gori hi lani parre gi apko." (You'll have to bring a British girl.) Safi said with a kebab stuffed in his mouth.

"Eat first and then talk. Kitni baar kaha hai. " Shehryar scolded his brother with a slap to his head on which Muntaha gave a laugh and he glared at her.

"I'd love my daughter-in-law, chahay wo gori hi ho. I just want grand-children already." Zoya Kamal said and Shehryaar shook his head lightly, smiling at his mother.

"Ammi, mai hun na." (I'm here for that.) Safi winked at his mother and recieved another slap from his bhai.

"Ammi, keep an eye on him. He might be the one giving you grand-children soon." Shehryar said.

"Ek tou mai ammi ki khawahish ka khayal rakh raha hun. Or ap tou wese bhi ab budhay ho gaye hain." (I am only complying to mother's wishes. And also you're already so old.) Safi teased his brother and recieved yet another slap.

"Bhai!"

And the dining room filled with laughter.