Chapter 8

she's mad but she's magicthere's no lie in her fire

there's no lie in her fire

~

"Ms.Muntaha! Are you still with us?"

Muntaha got startled by her teacher's voice and abruptly looked up.

"Uh- yes ma'am." Muntaha replied,still in a daze. Muntaha was sitting in her third lecture of the day and still lost in the thoughts of the welcome party held a week ago.

"Kahan khoi ho?" (Where are you lost?) Hadiya assked when they both were walking out of the class towards the college canteen.

"Huh- kahin nahi." (Huh- no where.) Muntaha replied.

"You are always zoning out these days. Everything okay, na?" Hadiya asked worried for her bestfriend.

"Han na. Everything is great." Muntaha said, giving Hadiya a big smile to ward off her worries.

"I am so hungry. Lets go and eat something."

●~●

"Salam."

Muntaha greeted Safi, recieving his phone call.

"Yaar, apni Chachi ko samjhao." (Please make your aunt understand.) Safi whined like a baby without even greeting her back.

Muntaha laughed, knowing it was one of Safi's childish tantrums.

"What happened?"

"She's making me come to that boring party." Safi said, not wanting to spend even a second in the Annual Party held at both their fathers' company.

Both of their fathers worked at a prestigeous banking firm as the member of board of directors. The firm handled the accounts of Pakistan's top business men. Every year there was an Annual Party held by the firm where their high-posted epmloyees and partners were invited. It was one of the most grand event of the year as the guests included alot of famous people.

"You wanted to go last year so bad. Now they are asking you to so go. " Muntaha said being the understanding daughter and sister.

"Mera dill nahi." (I don't want to.) Safi said in a bored tone.

"Aur janab ka dill kahan hai?" (And what does your highness want?) Muntaha turned the mobile on speaker giving Hadiya a devilish smile, who was quitely sipping on her iced-tea and listening to their bickering.

"Hayyye! Apke sath bethi yaqeenan wo ajeeb si iced-tea pee rahi ho gi. I swear I haven't been this jealous of a drink before." (Oh, whom I want must be sitting there with you drinking that weird iced-tea.)Safi said in a husky tone, thinking about imagining his Diya sipping at that weird green drink looking all beatiful with her honey brown eyes twinkling in the sunlight.