Chapter 7

it is chivalry, not a sword,that makes a true knight

that makes a true knight

~

"Kaha reh gayi thi?" (Where were you?)

Muntaha entered the hall and all eyes turned to her. She was looking ethreal, simple yet beautiful. She didn't need all those layers of make-up as her face already glowed because of noor.

The only flaw was the scowl on her lips. Muntaha searched the whole parking lot but she couldn't find her anklet. She looked around the hall and marched towards where Hadiya was standing. As soon as Hadiya saw her bestfriend coming towards her, she asked her where she was.

"Hadi, meri pazeb girr gayi." (Hadi, I lost my anklet.) Muntaha told Hadiya, that she lost her anklet, with a pout.

"Where?" Hadiya asked, understanding the reason behind Muntaha's scowl.

"I don't know. It fell off of my foot maybe." Muntaha replied.

"It's okay. Now, don't ruin your mood. Maybe you forgot to wear it." Hadiya tried to assure Muntaha.

"You know I don't take it off, Hadi." Muntaha said. "I was doing so good with my streak of not losing things." She pouted.

Hadiya laughed at that. She assured Muntaha that they'll look for it or get a new one. Then, to cheer her up, they both went to the food buffet.

Muntaha was a little angry at her own carelessness but she knew her bad mood would ruin Hadiya's day too ,so she tried to enjoy as well. The thought of that anklet going to the back of her mind.

●~●

"Aa gaye janab?" (Finally, you arrived.)

Armaan, his close friend, said sarcastically when Faris finally entered the hall where the party was held.

"Yaar, you know about Lahore's traffic na." Faris scratched his neck, giving his friend a sheepish look.

"Yeah, right. Bahanay na bana." (Don't make excuses.) Armaan said, rolling his eyes, and gave Faris a man-hug.

Faris greeted his other friends and they continued their conversation, Faris joining them.

●~●

"Attention everyone!"

The soft background music stopped and a loud voice boomed through out the hall.

The function formally started. The dean of the university gave a speech followed by the head professors.

After the speech session, the fun started. There were performances by the senior students and skits to introduce the university life in a funny way.