Chapter 12

music is the moonlightin the gloomy night of life

in the gloomy night
of life

~

"To bhaiyo or unki behno! This journey would prove to be the journey of your lives."

(Brothers and their sisters!)

Salman, one of Faris' classmates, started saying while standing between the rows of seats of the bus.

Faris sat on the window side in the front row with Armaan while Muntaha sat in third row diagonal to Faris, also on the window side, with Hadiya beside her and Amna infront of her.

Everyone started hooting with enthusiam. After they quitened down a little, Salman continued," We are obviously going play the cheesy games and sing songs. But there is one rule that must be followed." He stopped for a dramatic pause.

"No one can deny their part. Quite simple." He shrugged with a boyish grin. "The girls and the boys will be treated equally. So girls, no nakhray."

The guys started laughing and the girls booed. Salman said the last part looking at the girls but his gaze stopped at Muntaha.

"I think I haven't seen you both before." Salman said with a slight frown, trying to remember if they were in his batch or not. But he was sure he wouldn't forget such a beauty.

"They are my friends. Two years junior to us." Amna replied for them when she realised they won't reply on their on.

"Oh! Great. The more, the merier. I am Salman Affandi." He said with a charming smile and a wave.

Hadiya gave him a small smile and introduced herself. "Hadiya Jabar."

"Nice to meet you." Salman, after replying to Hadiya, looked at Muntaha expectantly. When she didn't say anything, he urged her.

"Aur ap?" He said with raised eyebrows.

(And you?)

Muntaha felt heat emitting her cheeks as she felt nervous because everyone's attention was on her.

"Muntaha. Muntaha Saleem."

"A beautiful name for a beautiful lady." Salman said, being the charmer he was.

"So now, where were we... Yes, the rule. So everyone will participate. No one will be a spoil-sport." He gave Faris a look to which he just shrugged.

Faris felt a wave of anger course through him when he noticed the flirty tone of Salman when he was talking to Muntaha, but he couldn't understand why.

~●~

"Hona tha pyaar! Hua mere yaar!"