Chapter 10

sometimes an angelsometimes a hell raiseralways a strong womam

sometimes an angel
sometimes a hell raiser
always a strong womam

~

"Samjhta kya hai khud ko. Hmph!"

(What does he think of himself. Hmph!)

Muntaha entered the hall again, blabbering about Faris and his attitude.

"Where were you?" Safi asked, approching her.

"Just outside to have some fresh air." Muntaha said giving Safi a smile.

"Achha. Come, Taya Abu is calling you." Safi said holding her hand and dragging her with him.

"Everything okay?" Muntaha asked Safi a bit worriedly. It was in her nature to fuss over little things.

"Han. Family introduction ke liye bula rahe hain. Even though you're adopted but still..." (Yes. He calling you for family introduction.) Safi teased Muntaha and laughed when she hit his shoulder lightly.

"You're the adopted one. Kacharay se uthaya tha tumhe." (They picked you up from the garbage.) Muntaha said with a 'hmph!'.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Safi said rolling his eyes at his cousin, a smile escaping his lips.

"Here they both come." Kamal Ahmed said when he saw Safi and Muntaha coming.

"We know Safi very well. Faris and him have been really good friends since college." A very handsome man in his mid-fifties said while Safi moved forwards to shake his hand and hug the younger guy standing beside him. He looked around to be Muntaha's age. A lady, very elegant yet simple, patted Safi's head lovingly and a girl , looking a little older than Muntaha, waved at Safi to which he gave his charming smile.

'This man looks like someone I have seen before.' Muntaha thought and tried to remember who resembled this man that she knows but her chain of thoughts were disturbed by her father.

"And this is my daughter Muntaha." She looked at his father and then turned to the man, giving him a polite smile.

"Beta, this is Zayyad sahab. A quite famous industrialist. He's an important client of the firm." Her father introdeced him.

"Asalam-o-alaikum." Muntaha greeted him with her head bowed so he can put his hand on her head, a way of giving duaa to younger ones.

The man patted her head and said,"Walaikum Asalam, beta. How are you?"

"Alhamdulilah.I am good, Uncle." She replied with a smile.

Muntaha went towards the lady who was introduced as Aqsa Zayyad, the man's wife, and also greeted her with a smile. The lady lovingly hugged her and kissed her cheek. She then passed a smile to the boy who was the youngest child of the couple, Abdullah bin Zayyad Khan, and forwarded her hand towards the girl.