Chapter 16

you only live once,but if you do it right,once is enough

you only live once,
but if you do it right,
once is enough

~

"Good Morning."

Muntaha was rubbing the sleep out of her eyes and stretching her arms when she got startled with a greeting. She openend her eyes and looked around.

'Huh, where am I?' She thought taking the unfamiliar surroundings into account.

Then her gaze fell upon the source of the sound, Faris Zayyad Khan, standing outside the bathroom door in all his glory and yesterday's events came rushing back to her.

She is married.

She is someone's wife.

She is Faris's wife.

'Allah Miyan! What was I even thinking, agreeing to get married to a guy I barely know?!' She was scolding herself mentally when Faris interrupted her train of thoughts.

"Get ready, we are leaving in half an hour." Faris said throwing the towel, he was drying his hair with, on the couch.

"Leaving?" Faris was a sight to be seen even with the slightly crippled yesterday's clothes and wet hair with water drops falling off of them on his neck. And here she had a nest of bed-hair with most probably drool on her chin.

'I should have braided my hair before sleeping.' Muntaha thought self-conciously touching her hair.

"I talked to our professors and Armaan early this morning using the landline. The authorities were worried about us but I told them we were lost and spent the night with a local family." Faris noticed her hand's movement and smirked seeing that he was making her nervous. He never noticed people's frenzy around him as he has grown accustomed to it but this gave him a sense of pride. His wife was affected by him.

'Wife?! Where the hell that came from? No, no, control yourself man.'

He moved towards the door but Muntaha stopped him.

"Uh...Faris?"

"Jee?" He said turning around, acting as if his heart hadn't skipped a beat hearing her pronounce his name.

"Umm...about the nikah...." Muntaha didn't know how to tackle the topic. Faris sensed her uneasiness and said,"I think we should keep this matter to ourselves at the moment. Baad mai dekhain ge kya karna hai."

(We'll see about the matter later.)

"I was thinking the same." Muntaha said with relief but a little ting of sadness as she didn't want to know how her parents would react to the news but she couldn't understand the sadness.

'He regrets our marriage.' Muntaha's heart ached on this thought. But ofcourse, why would a handsome, rich and spoiled boy like him want to marry an average girl like her?