Chapter 16

Demi's POV

After putting on our outfits that we picked out a couple of nights ago, we ate breakfast. We brushed our hair, but there was no reason to do anything with mine because I was getting my hair and make-up done at Ellen's studio before the interview. Emma usually keeps hers down anyway. Once we heard our cab was waiting for us, we Left the hotel. About half way there, Emma tugged on my shirt, and I looked down. "What's up?"

"I forgot my drawing book at the hotel," she said disappointed.

"It's okay, it'll still be there when we get back." I replied. She slouched back in her seat, but didn't complain. Once we got to the studio, we immediately headed to hair and make-up. As I sat in my chair, I noticed Emma looked quit bored on the extra chair. "Emma, sweetie, do you want to play on my phone?" I asked and she shook her head. She never did like playing on my phone. It didn't seem to interest her at all. My friend, Miranda, showed up. I had asked her to come so  would have someone to look after Emma. "Hey!" I called once I saw her.

"Hey, Dems!" She replied. "And that must be Emma," she said while walking over to my bored seven-year-old. "Hi, I'm Miranda, one of Demi's friends," she said while holding her hand out to Emma, who slumped back slightly.

"It's okay, Emma. Miranda is super nice," I said, trying to loosen Emma up a little bit. It seemed to work. Emma's hand slowly met Miranda's.

"Demi, she is absolutely adorable." Miranda said as she walked back next to me. Then I had an idea. I whispered to one of my hair dressers, and she nodded.

"Hey, Emma. The hair and make-up crew are really nice and they share their supplies. I also know that my super nice friend, Miranda, is really good at hair and make-up, and she'd be happy to do yours." Miranda flashed a smile.

"Sure thing!" Emma looked up with a small smile. "Really? I'll look pretty like you?"

I chuckled. "Yup! Come sit in this chair beside me." I said. She got up and sat down in the chair that I pointed to. "And you do not need your hair and make-up done to look pretty. You are already gorgeous." I said, smiling at her. She returned the smile and sat back in the chair.

Emma's POV

I got really excited when Demi said I could get dressed up like her. I sat in the chair, and Miranda ran her fingers through my hair. By habit, I accidentally flinched a little, but smiled so she wouldn't be upset. She grabbed the thing they were using on Dem's hair to make it curly. She started wrapping my hair in it, and when it got close to my scalp, I felt heat. I immediately whipped my head back, trying to escape from the heat. I didn't want her to burn me. She unwrapped my hair, and I jumped off the chair and packed into a corner, feeling tears about to form. "What's wrong, honey?" Miranda asked.

"I'm sorry! Don't hurt me!" I sobbed out.

"Why would I hurt you?" She asked, walking over to me. I slid down so I was sitting on the floor and flinched when I felt her hand on my knee.

"It was hot," I said, quieter this time.

"It's supposed to be. If it isn't, then your hair won't stay curled." she explained.

"Look, Emma, they use it on my hair, too." Demi said. She was right. The curler was close to her head, and she wasn't scared.

"If you don't want me to use it, I won't," Miranda said.

"I'm sorry," I said while my crying stopped.

"For what?" Miranda asked.

"I didn't mean to freak out, the heat scared me."

"I know it scared you, but I'm not upset." She said while taking my hand. I didn't flinch back this time. I stood up and sat back in the chair.

"You can still use it," I said.

"Are you sure?" Miranda asked. I nodded. She curled my hair like Demi's, and I didn't move. When she was done, I looked in the mirror. It was so pretty! While Miranda put make-up on my face, Ellen came in the room.

"About thirty minutes," Ellen said.

"Thanks," everyone, except me, said simultaneously. I felt bad that I didn't do like everyone else, but I got over it fairly quickly. Miranda finished the light make-up that she put on me, and I looked into the mirror again. Demi was right, she is really good at this.

Short and crappy again, sorry. I probably won't have time to update this weekend, but I'll try