Chapter 9

Demi's POV

I woke up to see Emma in the exact same place she was before: cuddled in my arms. I didn't want to wake her up, so I just sat and thought. I wanted to know what was going on in her dreams, but at the same time, I was scared to. She was trusting me more and more, so maybe soon she'd tell me. I slowly unwrapped one of my arms, and grabbed my phone to take a picture. One arm was still on top of her, so you can still tell she was with me in the picture. I took the pic, then posted it on my various social media accounts with the caption With my sleeping beauty. I instantly got tons of notifications. Comments, likes, shares, retweets, what ever was available, that's what happened. So many notification sounds came off my phone, so I quickly turned the sound off, but it was too late. Emma started to squirm and wake up. She opened her eyes and looked up at me. I placed a soft kiss on her forhead, and she softly smiled. "Good morning," I chirped. While rubbing her eyes, she mumbled something in response, but I couldn't tell what she said, or if she said real words at all. "So, um, last night?" I asked. Her smile dropped and she slowly sat up.

"What about last night?" She asked in a small morning voice. It was really cute, but it didn't distract me from my point.

"Do you want to talk about your dream?" I asked. She quickly shook her head and stared down at her hands in her lap. "Are you sure? A lot of times, talking about things really helps." She shook her head again and looked up at me. I gave a sympathetic look and smiled softly. "Okay, breakfast? I was hoping to meet up with Selena today, would that be okay?" She smiled and nodded her head. They had only met once, but that was only shortly after Emma started living with me. I picked up my phone and texted Selena.

D: Hey, wanna grab some breakfast?

I waited her reply, which didn't take very much time.

S: Um, more like lunch.

I looked up at my clock, which said it was already 12:13. "Dang, why'd you sleep so late?" I sarcastically asked Emma while poking her side, which made her giggle.

D: Okay, want to meet at my house?

S: Sure, when?

D: As soon as possible

S: On my way!

I put down the phone and looked at Emma, who was waiting patiently for me to say something. "Alright, let's get ready. Selena will be here soon."

she walked to her room to get ready, and I took my morning shower. I heard the doorbell as I finished brushing my hair. I opened the door and there stood Selena with an excited smile. We exchanged hugs and walked into my living area. "I'll go get Emma," I said as I walked to her room. I knocked on the door, and a few seconds later, Emma opened it. We walked to Selena, hand in hand, which made Selena squeal.

"Awwww y'all are so cute!" Emma looked up at me, and I knew exactly what she was thinking. Every time she meets one of my friends or coworkers, they go nuts over her. I just liked watching them get excited over my little girl.

"Emma, you remember Selena, don't you?" I asked, and Emma nodded.

"Hi, girly," Selena chirped. Emma smiled softly at her and gave her a slight wave.

"So where do you want to eat?" I asked. It was already the afternoon, and I was hungry! I'm sure Emma was, too.

This is really short, I know, but my computer is broken and I wrote this on my kindle. Hopefully I'll update later today or tomorrow. :)