Hunting Shadows (Chapter 12)

Chapter 12:

I woke up to a loud banging against my door. Sitting up I yelled, "it's unlocked." before hidding under the covers. Heels clicking against the hardwood floor approached my room. I knew that sound anywhere. Airlia.

"What do you want?" I said a little more grumpy then I had intended.

Her soft laughter filled the room. "For you to get up because I'm taking you somewhere." She yanked the covers off of me and threw them on the floor.

"Hey!" I yelped as I tried to grab something to cover my skimpy pajamas. Airlia's face lit up even more when she saw my clothes. "What? These are old." Like old Blaire old.

They were pink and white, lacy and silky at the same time. Total popular Blaire status.

Airlia shook her head. "Whatever, come on get dressed." I looked at the clock it was the middle of the day, which meant night time for the school.

"Where?" I asked as I got up, rummaging through my Gothic clothing. Most of it was in piles on the floor. The school didn't provide enough closet space for my liking.

"Grab something sexy." Airlia said as she flopped down on my bed, bouncing as she watched me go through the massive pile.

"Uhm sexy?" I was expecting everyday ware. Or gym clothes. I didn't know if I owned anything sexy. Sexy clothing got attention, attention I tried to avoid.

Airlia had on black leather boots that reached her knees, a red skirt that was so short I had to look away because it revealed so much, and a tight black top that showed off her boobs more than I would have liked.

"Yeah I'm taking you to a party." She said as she swung her legs back and forth, hitting my bed with her boots.

I dropped the black top I had been holding. The old Blaire perked her head inside my chest at the sound of party. I used to go to them all the time before my parents died, I drank but never got drunk. I always had fun at parties back then. The new Blaire avoided them. Because when there was a party that meant lots of people. Something I had tried to avoid.

"That's really a cruel thing for you to do. You know I have been a ghost this past week trying to avoid everything. And you go and invite me to a party where there is going to be more people and questions?" I didn't mean to sound so harsh but she should have known better than that.

It didn't affect her. "It's all of our friends." Meaning her friends. "Mason, Maxine, Jackie, Ronald, Blade, Jason and others will be there. Please?" Airlia gave me huge puppy dog eyes, making me feel like a mom who wouldn't buy her kid a toy in Toys R Us.

I sighed as I continued to go through the pile. "Sure I'll go, if I find something to wear." I said as I pulled out one of my best looking things I owned.

I held in my hands a short, low cut top and very very sexy black dress. It shined as it caught the dim light in my room. I heard Ailria gasp behind me. "Is that a designer?" I could feel her breath against my neck. Making me wince as I scooted away from her.

"Uhm yeah." I had forgotten I owned this. It was the one dress I had decided to keep. It earned me a lot of turning heads and double glances from guys.

I looked back at Airlia. "Is this okay?" I was hoping she would say no. Because this dress will definitely earn me a lot of attention tonight.

"It's perfect." I could feel my face fall. Great, more attention tonight. Just what I needed. Airlia pushed me towards my door. "Well go on, get dressed." I started to step though the doorway when Airlia caught my arm. "Hey don't put too much makeup on okay?"