Hunting Shadows (Chapter 4)

Chapter 4:

After Airlia left I went back upstairs. I sat on my bed looking down at my new class schedule. Zane and Airlia both said that the school specialized in hunting. Something told me that they didn't mean hunting animals either. The thought made a shiver go up my spine. Could they possibly be hunting humans? I needed to find out.

Looking at my computer an idea came to mind. Maybe, just maybe the Internet had information on this school. I got up, walking over to my laptop. It's blue light was the only light I had in my dark room. Since the black drapes did a good job at keeping out excess light.

I logged onto the school's website. Finding descent pictures of parts of the school I hadn't seen yet. After an agonizing ten minutes I found nothing about the school specializing in hunting. I sighed and was about to give up and close my laptop when something caught my eye.

There on the far right corner in small faded white letters said the words Hunting information. I clicked on the link which brought up a list of names. All starting with the word Hunter before the first and last name of a person. They were all organized in alphabetical order. Curious I scrolled down to the R's. There amongst ten other names I found Zane's and clicked on it.

There was a small bio about him and a picture that looked like it had been taken not too long ago. The bio was more like background information on who he was. Reading it I found myself smiling. He came from France, and spoke it fluently. It said he was approximately twenty one years of age.

But after that there wasn't much to read on him. I searched the page that all the Hunter's names on it. At the bottom there was another link that read Hunting Records. The link brought up a page of another list of hunters, but it was slightly different. It had reports about how many each hunter killed. Killed what?

To my disappointment I found nothing on what exactly they were hunting. I heaved another sigh. Guess my brilliant plan didn't work and I will have to wait even longer.

Looking at the clock I noticed I had four hours left. This nocturnal schedule was really screwing my daily routines up. The next four hours consisted of me watching TV and getting ready.;

When seven O'clock came around I head towards my door, walking down the hallway my boots clunked loudly against the hard wooden floors. I could hear chatter coming form the other end of the hallway. Making me look down at the ground as I passed a group of excited teenagers.

To my surprise they didn't even bother with my presence. Nor did they stop talking, which was strange. Usually people fell silent when I was around, something I quickly got used to.

Shadow School's students were just plain weird. As I walked down the stairs I focused on my footing, not wanting to trip. My full attention was on not falling on my face, so I didn't notice that there was someone else coming up and bumped into them. Startled I stepped back, ready to say sorry. Only I didn't need to because I was met with Airlia's smiling face. I smiled back, only a little.

"Blaire!" She said as she hugged me. I didn't hug her back. She didn't seem to mind. "I was going up to look for you." She let me go. Grabbing my arm as she dragged me down the rest of the stairs.

I stumbled, trying to keep up with her longer strides. "I.. I was supposed to meet..." What was that word again? "Hunter Rainier."

She led me through a now busy lobby. "I know, but there was a change in plans." We walked out into the cool night air. I was thankful I had enough common sense to put on a jacket.

"Change in plans? What are you my mentor now?" It was mean of me to say to her. She was nice, but I doubted she had the trained skills that Zane obviously possessed.