Hunting Shadows (Chapter 11)

Chapter 11:

I stayed in the hospital for one more day and then the doctor set me free. She seemed like she just wanted me in longer to keep her company. I didn't blame her, I was lonely in that small room. Zane didn't come in after that day he touched me, which I hated him for. Coward.

I was surprised that there weren't injured teenagers filling up these rooms. I guess I was the only accident prone in the whole school. Everyone else might as well be superman, resistant to everything, if you didn't count kryptonite.

I still had the bandage wrapped around my arm, which earned me a lot of attention. Attention I didn't like having. It was like I was some new topic for the media of Hollywood or something. And the headlines would read: Innocent goth girl gets attacked by Vampire and survives.

I got a lot of attention from the adults, more than I wanted. I mean who wanted adults closing them in for more information on the attack? I sure as hell didn't. I wanted to forget about that night, I felt like crawling under a rock and staying there forever. At least the rock wouldn't ask me idiotic questions.

"How many where there? How did you fight back? Who scratched you? Did Zane save you? Where were you?" All the same questions, and I was getting sick and tired of them, so much that I eventually hid in my room or far away from people. Avoiding the crowed I created and those horrible questions.

Sighing I flopped down on my bed, slamming my face into the fluffy pillows. I never hated this school so much. No matter how many times I told them to leave me alone, or told them to go ask Zane, it was like I spoke a different language.

Now I avoid them, it has been a week since the attack and they still asked the same annoying questions. Airlia has been backing me up though, she tells the students and teachers alike to back off and leave me alone. I thanked her for it, but that was about it. I could tell she wanted to know as well but had enough sense to stay quiet.

I found out on the third day of being questioned that students don't survive an attack from an older Vampire. They were surprised that I had made it out alive. Always the Vampire killed the student because they were stronger and lived longer than any of us. I found myself feeling lucky that I had lived another day.  And I thanked Zane for that one.

Zane had been so powerful. He had a goal: protect me. And he stuck to it. Never before had I seen someone move that fast. Of course it had something to do with being part Vampire, but that was besides the point. Zane had the strength and movements close to a Vampire's.

And watching everyone watch Zane it was like they worshiped him. I didn't think he noticed though; if he had he did a really good job at hiding it. I found myself worshipping Zane as well. They didn't see him in a real battle like I had. Zane was a bad ass God. Someone worth looking up to.

I smiled at the thought of having him as my instructor. Everyone at this school seemed to want him for a teacher. But I got lucky and had him. Zane seemed like the guy who would pick the most powerful student to teach, but for some odd reason he picked me.

Me out of all people who had lost her parents, home, life, and friends. He said that's what we had in common. And the reason why he picked me. I didn't think it was a good reason, not even close. Surely a lot of students here had lost something they loved, or everything like I had. But nope not according to Zane.

Out of everyone he picked the helpless girl. The lost girl. The girl who never fought for anything, who went with the flow and learned to avoid people. Great pick Zane.

I turned on the T.V. Not really watching the shows as I flipped through them. My mind still lingered on Zane. Those deep blue eyes that were so easy to get lost in. That messy blond hair that never seemed to stay straight. And his height that was so intimidating to others, but sexy to me.

I really had to choose a new guy to like, and fast. Because Zane? He was my teacher, and if we liked each other we were going to get in a lot of trouble. With the school but also ourselves. We couldn't like each other, because then we would get distracted in training; and when the time comes when I kill a Vampire I wouldn't know what to do. All because of a stupid crush on my teacher.

Its unbelevible that within the first week of a new school I already had boy troubles. I encountered a Vampire. Survived and became the most popular girl in the school. It was like old times again. Well except for the Vampire part.

*

*

*

*