Chapter 44~ Promise.

"Let's go take a walk now?" Nick asks, placing his napkin on the table and standing. I nod with a soft smile as he holds his hand out for me.

"Where to?" He pulls me to the path along the beach and I can't help but feel excited. It was sunset now and he knew how much I loved to watch it.

"Let's watch the sunset and I'll give you your present there." He smirks and I gape.

"You need to tell me what it is." I whine as he pulls me along with him.

"No can do, baby."

I stop whining and watch the sunset and the water. It smelled so beautiful and like the beach. I loved it. Nick looked so good in this lighting. Why am I like this.

"Sex on the beach?" I mumble and he turns around with his eyes wide.

"Really? I'm down if you are." He pulls me in to him by my waist and I laugh, pushing at his chest.

"No, Nick. I was just thinking." I tease and he growls.

"About what?" We walk and his arms still hold onto me from behind.

Xander. Adira sighs dreamily and I want to laugh at her.

They've become very close. I do make sure to let her out more with him now. The doctor recommended it and allowed me to these past days. I've healed completely and quickly. One of the things I love about being a wolf.

"You. You look really good."

"We need to get home soon." He says in my ear causing me to blush. "Look, we've made it to the top of the hill."

Yes we do, I'm tired.

Adira is back. She tends to be a lot quieter but I love when she speaks to me a lot more now. I feel like she's okay.

It looked even better here. The sun was going down, making the sky look red orange and the reflection in the water.

I look over at Nick and see him fidgeting with his hands. Nick nervous? What in the world.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, wrapping my arms around his neck making his go to my hips.

"Nothing, nothing." He shrugs and clears his throat.

"So I'm stupid?" I unwrap my hands from him and he chuckles, throwing his head back. "What's so funny?"

"Well now I'm not nervous about it." He removes his hands and digs into his pockets. He pulls out a small Cartier box. I gasp as he opens it, a ring.

"W-What?"

"It's a promise ring, baby." He explains.

"For me?"

Don't cry. Please.

He rolls his eyes playfully. "No, it's for me. I got it for myself. Yes it's for you."

"B-But why?" Tears were falling from my face and he wiped them gently with the back of his other hand.

"Because I love you. I want to promise to you that I'll be beside you forever. No matter what we go through it'll be together and you won't have to fear being alone. Even if I'm not physically there you know I am there. I'm always available to you. I want to promise that I'll treat you the way you deserve to be. That I'll be loyal to you. I will make you my wife someday and the mother to my children. Our baby that we couldn't meet was still our first." He says, his voice cracking and eyes watery. Tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face.

"I love you."

"I want to promise that I'll be there as soon as you call. That I'll give you your dream wedding and life. I will spend the rest of my days making you as happy as possible. I will not be perfect and I know that. But I know that I will try my hardest to be what you deserve." He finishes and I pull his face to me, kissing his lips.

We do not deserve him. She sniffles and I nod.

"I love you so much. You're perfect to me." I whisper, not trusting my voice.

Some months later...

"Fuck Nick." I moan as he spanks me with a paddle. He grabs my hair, pulling my head back making me moan again.

"Why am I spanking you?" He asks in my ear and I gulp.

"I-I was teasing you in public." I moan when he puts two fingers inside of me.

He speeds up, curling them. His other hand rubs my clit and my eyes roll back, my back arching. My hands gripping the sheets.

"You were being bad, baby. You don't deserve to cum." He tuts and I groan.

"Please Nick." My hands grip the sheets harder as his hands speed up. "I-I have to." I gasp at the loss of his hands.

"Tell me who you belong to." He smirks and I look at him.

"Fuck you."

"Starting tomorrow, you'll be fucking a college boy." He chuckles and I try to push him away but he catches my hands.

"I'll finish by myself then." His eyes get darker and he growls.

"Fucking fine." He throws me onto the bed and I squeal, turning around for him with my ass in the air.

"Oh fuck." I moan as he shoves himself inside of me. He groans, grabbing my hair in his hand again. He pulls me up, his hand around my neck. I moan louder at his groans in my ear.

"Fuck, you feel so good Melissa." His other hand roams my body. The dried up wax still on it. "Let go for me, baby."

And this is why I love my life.

"Mel? Where are you guys!" Quinn shouts and I push Nick off of me quickly. He gets into his clothes, putting the things we used away quickly. I run into the bathroom to take off the wax and change into clothes.

I splash my face with water to make it look like I wasn't just getting thoroughly fucked.

"Quinn! Why are you here?" I hear Nick ask her and she scoffs.

"Gee, Nick. Thanks for a warm welcome. Zane wanted you to go with him tomorrow. He's nervous about his first day."

That's when I choose to walk down the stairs and Quinn smiles at me. I smile back and see Nick smirking at me. I glare at him but try not to trip, my legs feeling weak.

"Tell him I will." Nick agrees.

"Yeah, weird. He had been texting you and you weren't answering. So I came over to snoop." She looks around the apartment and I laugh. She definitely would not find anything here. Going upstairs though, of course.

"Thanks for stopping by Quinn." Nick says and she looks at me suspiciously.

"I'll be here tomorrow. I'm taking Mel to school. Senior year awaits." She says sarcastically and I chuckle.

"I can't wait."

————

Hey guys! Some of you may notice I changed the name, it felt kind of more fitting! I am continuing Nick and Melissa's story but in another book. I'll be naming that one Submitting instead of Meeting because it will have more bdsm in it. I want to make them older so things work better for them.