Chapter 43~ Soulmate.

"What's this I hear about you having a chip in me, Nicholas?" I cross my arms as I lay in the hospital bed. Nick looks at me with his eyes wide.

He clears his throat before answering, "Babe, it's not in your body." He winces as I clench my jaw. "It was in those earrings you wear when you go out. I knew you would wear them that night."

"And? Do you not trust me?" He sits closer to me, grabbing my hand and I don't pull it away though I want to.

"I trust you completely baby. I just get worried about your safety when I'm not with you and you refused to take anyone else with you." He explains and I huff, still somewhat annoyed.

"I don't like feeling like an object, Nick."

"I took the chip out baby. It was wrong, I know." He puts his head down and I nod in agreement.

"It's very wrong. But I might be dead without it." I sigh. I really couldn't be upset with him right now.

"I won't do it again, I swear." He promises, pecking my lips.

"I know."

I stayed in the hospital for three days before Nick and the doctors felt I was fine to go home. My family came everyday to see me. My mom cried when she walked in everyday because she hated seeing me in a hospital bed. I know my brothers hated it too but didn't show it. They were all worried. I felt fine yesterday but for everyone's sake I didn't put up a fight.

"You have to rest now." Nick kisses my cheek as we lay in bed.

"I have no choice anyway." I laugh and he kisses my lips.

"You're damn right. Now for now, okay? You can go back to school when you feel better." He suggests and I nod, though I don't know when I would want to go back.

"I just can't walk through those halls and see everyone's look of pity, Nick."

"Babe, it's your birthday tomorrow. Let's talk about it after, yeah? I don't want to see you wake up with puffy eyes on your day. Either way, if someone does something to make you uncomfortable you just let me know." I lay my head on his chest as he places a hand on my back, the other in my hair.

"Why can't we just lay in bed and cuddle tomorrow?" I ask with a sigh, feeling comfortable right here. Next to him felt like it was where I belonged.

"We can do whatever you want to, baby. It's your day, you're the boss."

I nod my head and snuggle further into his chest.

I knew I was still grieving with the loss of our baby. I couldn't think about it or I would break down. I couldn't bare to think about how things could be so different.

The rest of our day was spent with Nick pampering me. He put a bath on for me, got us some snacks so we could watch a movie in bed and got a projector to watch the movie. We dozed off right after the movie ended, while we were talking about it.

"Good morning, beautiful. Happy birthday." I felt kisses being pressed all over my face and giggle as Nick smiles into my lips.

"Thank you." I smile and he kisses my face again.

"We slept in, it's twelve." He chuckles and walks over to the bathroom. He brings out a dozen roses and chocolates.

"Thank you, Nick." I pull him in for a hug and we stayed there for a minute or so before he pulled away, kissing my forehead.

"No problem, beautiful. What are we doing today?"

"I was thinking...maybe we should go out for dinner?" I see a look of surprise pass his face and giggle at him.

"Of course, whatever you want. We'll leave at six." He says and I nod.

"Where to?"

"I'll make a reservation somewhere beautiful baby, don't worry."

The majority of the time before six we spent on the couch watching movies and he made me breakfast. He ran a bath for me at four and I convinced him to take it with me. Obviously things got carried away and we took longer than we should have. Once I got out, I rushed getting ready.

I wore a black long sleeve along with a black and white plaid skirt. I paired my outfit with some black thigh high, heeled boots. I curled my hair and put on makeup but no lipstick, knowing Nick he would ruin it.

"Are you ready yet baby—wow." Nick licks his lips and gets closer, his hands resting on my hips. "You look stunning. Jaw dropping actually."

I reach up to kiss his lips and pull away before it gets heated to which Nick pouts.

"Let's take my car?" I ask and Nick agrees, as long as he drives since it's a surprise.

I noticed we drove pretty far and ended up at a beautiful restaurant. It wasn't all too fancy which I loved. They served Italian which was actually what I wanted. As we walked in, the server took us all the way to the back. I noticed there was no one else here. The interior in this place was beautiful. But as we neared the back, the glass doors showed the outside. The interior didn't compare.

There was a small private beach view. There was only one table outside set up. There were rose petals around and candles on the table. I noticed a bucket full of two wine bottles. It was almost sunset and it made it that much more beautiful.

Nick smiles at me and my eyes watered in appreciation.

"Do you like it?" His brows furrow in confusion and I let out a small laugh. He scratches the back of his head nervously and I pull him into me.

"Thank you so much." I smile up at him as he embraces me.

"It's no problem baby. Now, let's sit and eat. There's a little path we can take to get up higher and watch the sunset." He explains.

He pulls out my chair for me and then for himself. I order a pasta while Nick insists they bring a bunch of food for me to try. We spent the dinner making each other try new things and laughing.

In that moment it felt like that was where we were meant to be. I wasn't allowing myself to be sad or upset. I let myself enjoy my soulmate.