Chapter 33~ Roommates.

"Baby, wake up." I feel a peck on my cheek and I groan.

"Go away." I take all of the blanket and throw it over my head as Nick sighs.

"It's time for school, Mel." He tries pulling the blanket and I growl.

"That was Adira." I mumble sleepily.

Shut up and let me sleep.

"Well tell her to get up too." He pulls the blanket off and I scream. "Holy shit, you can be in a horror movie."

"You're psychotic, why would you do that to me?" I sit up and he's glaring at me playfully.

"Come on get your ass up. We have school and after we can move your things into here." He says and I smile.

"Okay." I get up quickly and he scoffs.

"That's all? You put up a fight for that." He lays back on the bed since he was dressed and I grab some clothes that I brought here before incase I needed some. It was all comfy clothes which was good since I'd be moving things around all day.

"I don't know how you manage to look stunning in anything you wear

"I don't know how you manage to look stunning in anything you wear." Nick says grabbing my waist from behind and kissing my cheek as I brush my hair. I turn around and kiss him gently.

"Last one to the car is a rotten egg!" I shout and push him away. "Bring my backpack please!" I hear him chuckle from his room and loud footsteps afterwards.

I sprint to the car and give him a big smile while he shakes his head.

•••

"I hate it here." I groan as Nick and I walk into school, his arm around my shoulder.

"We just got here, babe. Why don't you try out for cheer or something? You could cheer me on during football. Tryouts for both start tomorrow." Nick comments and I shrug.

Yes please, you need to get in better shape. This is not cutting it.

"Okay, sounds good. I'll force Quinn to join with me."

"I refuse. But what am I refusing to?" Quinn walks on the other side of me.

"You're not refusing to anything. We're trying out for cheer." I say with puppy dog eyes and she glares at me.

"Fine, only because I like the uniform." She stops suddenly and sniffs the air. "Do you smell that?" She asks looking around.

"No." Nick says looking confused.

"Me either." I say. "What is it?" I ask and she shakes her head, looking a bit pale.

"Nothing, I'll catch up with you guys later." She speed walks off in the opposite direction.

Nick looks down at me but I shrug. "I have no idea what that was about. I'll ask her later. We're about to be late to class."

And the worst part of my day began.

•••

"This is so heavy!" I groan as I walk down the stairs. My whole family and Nick were helping me pack and I had to bring down the last box. Which is also the only box I've carried.

You're a literal werewolf.

"I'll get it." Nick says and takes it from my hands. He rolls his eyes. "This is so light."

"I know." I smile innocently as I walk behind him.

My mom was at the bottom of the stairs with glossy eyes which instantly made mine water. She hugged me tightly. My brothers hugged me after. Saraí and Daniela were next with ready eyes too.

"I'm still going to come here everyday, I don't know why we're crying." I laugh and everyone else does too.

"You're so right." Daniela says between her laughter.

"Bye baby, be safe." My mom says and I nod.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow." I say and they all shout their goodbyes as I shut the door.

"Let's go home." Nick takes my hand into his and I nod.

The rest of our night consisted of unpacking and sleeping. Well, most of it was Nick unpacking while I watched his muscles flex and drooled.

•••

I was back in school and so annoyed. Nick had to leave thirty minutes before my tryouts started to go to his. Quinn wasn't answering and I was bored. She promised she'd come and I didn't see a sign of her.

Lets just go sleep.

"Let's go!" She says as she appears out of nowhere. She drags me into the locker rooms to get changed into our shorts and a shirt they gave us.

The shorts were so tight and short, Nick was going to have a heart attack. Quinn and I put on our cheer shoes we had from freshman year when we cheered. We quit last year because the captain was a bitch. She moved schools this year though and there was no new captain yet. I was captain freshman year of varsity because I'm pretty good.

I did gymnastics when I was three until I was ten and then I did cheer. I did cheer from ten until last year. I was a flyer and a really good tumbler.

"Alright ladies! We're going to be testing tumbling skills and then you'll perform a basic routine for us. There will also be a flexibility test but tumbling isn't a necessity, the other two tests are. Stretch for ten minutes and we'll start!" The coach says cheerfully and we all start stretching.

Imagine all of us in werewolf form as cheerleaders. Adira snorts.

We were now right in front of the football tryouts and the boys stared over here. I made eye contact with Nick and his eyes widened as he saw what I was wearing. I laughed and kept stretching but I felt his eyes on me.

This should be fun.