9

I wake up to Fiona knocking on the door. "Downstairs. Monica is wanting a family dinner. Dom you come too she's gonna need you." Fiona leaves and goes downstairs. I sit up and lean against the bed for a minute after I stand up.

Dom makes me sit back down. "Do you want to sit this one out?" He asks. I shake my head and go downstairs.

I sit down and Dom sits next to me. Bob starts her shit as soon as we start.

"We're taking Liam." I let the fork hit the plate.

"You aren't taking my little brother anywhere. You know nothing about him. You don't know how to take care of him." I tell Bob. She stands up and grabs my arm roughly.

"Listen here you little bitch. Your mother is allowed to have her kids." Bob starts.

"She isn't our fucking mother! If she was our mother and loves us as much as she says she does why did she leave?" I yell. Bob grabs me and pulls me up from where I'm at.

Dom stands up and grabs me from Bob. "You want to act like a man make sure you can take a punch like a man because you aren't gonna touch my girl. You sure as hell won't talk to her that way either. She's keeping her family together that Monica wants to tear apart." Dom says.

Bob huffs and starts to say something else but stops. My meter beeps loudly three times and Dom turns around and looks at me as I slide down to the floor.

He grabs some of the clothes from the pile on the floor and puts them under my head as I seize.

"What's wrong with her?!" Monica cries. I look up at Dom and he just holds my hand.

"Her blood sugar will bottom out when she gets too upset and it's already been acting up today." Fiona says getting down next to me. I stop shaking and look at her. She grabs my hand and Dom picks me up, holding me against him.

"Do you want to take her to a hospital?" He asks Fiona.

"It's probably best." She says. He nods and carries me outside to Steve's car.

"Lip, stay here. Don't let them take Liam." Fiona says. "We'll talk when I'm back." She closes the door and I see Monica come running out.

"I'm going with you guys." She says.

"Then whose watching my siblings?" Fiona asks. Monica looks up at Bob.

"No. Debs go tell Kev and V you need a ride." She says. Steve starts the car and Fiona gets in.

"Is she going up?" Fiona asks. Dom grabs my meter and I know he looks at her but everything is so blurry I can't see.

I start crying and Dom holds me tighter. "It's okay, baby." He says kissing the top of my head. Steve pulls up outside the ER doors and we go inside.

Dom holds my hand the whole time I lay there. Fiona stands in the corner shaking.

It must be really bad if I haven't been able to leave yet. We were out of my orange shots and with it not going up Fiona had to take me to the hospital. "Fi." I say and she comes over.

Dom moves back so she can sit next to me. "I don't want to stay overnight." I tell her. She kisses the top of my head.

"I know, Livy. I'm gonna push that you don't have to. I'm going to try and get some free shots." She says. "And I won't let her take Liam." I nod my head and lay there.

I'm discharged again two hours later and everyone is in the waiting room. Monica comes running over and Dom pulls me closer.

We walk past her and out to Steve's car. I lean against Dom in the car and doze off until we get to the house. He won't let me walk but he carries me inside.

He sits me down on the couch and Liam comes over to sit on my lap. I hug him and just try not to cry.

"Livy." He says my name with his words jumbled. I pull him closer and just hug him.

Bob walks over and tries to take Liam from me but he starts screaming when she gets close. Dom stands up and she knows to back off.
"I can't take him." Monica cries.

She cries and I let her say say goodbye to him. By then he's ready for bed and I put him down. Dom and I go back upstairs and lay down. I fall asleep almost instantly.