14

Debbie is our of bed and in the pool with Lio when we get up the next morning. We go down and watch as lip, V, Kev, Debbie, and Vontay mess around.

"Lip!" I look over to see Karen walking towards my brother. He gets out and goes over to her. She kicks him straight in the dick and she goes to take another swing and I punch her straight in the jaw.

She goes on about how Mandy was trying to fuck Jody last night. I hold her against the ground.

"Bitch if you ever touch my brother again I will slit your fucking throat. Hear me, whore? And how you know he didn't fuck her? Cause your shit chases people off." I tell her.

I finally let her up and she starts yelling to stay away from her, Jody, and the baby. I turn around and look at my brother. I see his heart drop.

She leaves and he runs into the house. I follow him and he's already in our room.

"Lip, what are the odds it's even yours?" I ask laying next to him.

"I don't know." He says. My brother stays in our room like this for days. He barely interacts with any of us

But he's always there when I need him.

——-

I lay in the bed with Dom. We've both yet to put any clothes back on. We're at his house where we've been staying for the past week or so.

"Why don't we just get an apartment together?" Dom asks.

"We could. I can finish my classes online and then get a job." I say.

Dom smiles. "Could stop having to pull out too." He says.

I smile. He tickles me and I laugh. After a bit I get up and get dressed. "I told Debbie I'd help with daycare. I'm going to talk to Kev about getting a job at the Alibi." I kiss him and get ready. He drops me off at my house.

There's already a few kids there when I get inside. The screaming is giving me a headache and making me even more nauseous. I go upstairs and open Fiona's door. She hasn't even went to bed yet.

"Do you have anything for nausea I can take?" I ask her. She comes over and feels my head and gives me a pill. I take it and leave her alone.

"Livy, Granny is back." Debbie says. I just shrug it off.

"As long as she doesn't blow up the house with a methlab I could care less." I lay down on the couch and Granny goes upstairs.

I yell for Debbie and the nausea hits me like a train. I run to the bathroom and Granny is on the toilet as Carl busts a whole in the wall. She gets up real quick as I throw up into the toilet.

"Carl, go get a different hammer." Granny tells him.

"This the first time this has happened?" She asks. I shake my head.

"I was about your age when I got pregnant the first time." She tells me.

"Oh don't tell me that. Fiona will kill me." I lean against the wall. "What are you guys trying to get from the wall anyways?" I ask.

"I hid some things. If you can keep a secret I'll give you some of it. Just don't tell the rest of them how much I give you. You always were different from the others." I stand up and rinse my mouth out.

I go back downstairs and make sure none of the kids have killed each other or Debbie. "Can you handle them for a few? I'm gonna go get Ethel and talk to Kev." I say. Debbie nods.

I walk over and knock on the door. Kev opens it. "How many damn times I gotta tell you you don't have to knock?" He says.

"I ain't walking in on some sex or some shit. Does V have any pills for headaches or nausea?" I ask. Kev goes to the cabinet and grabs some and gives me two out of the bottle.

I down them and sit there for a minute. "You know Granny is back." I say. He looks at me.

"God, another methlab." He says.

"Yeah. I think I want to move in with Dom and just finish my classes online for right now. If I did that could you get me something part time at the Alibi?" I ask.

"Yeah. But you'll only work when I do. I'm not letting them creeps grab up on you." He says. I give him a nod.

"Where's Ethel? I'm supposed to help Debbie but I'm not feeling it. Those kids are giving me such a migraine and just making me sick." He yells for Ethel and she comes downstairs with her son.

Dom picks me up again not much later. "I've got a surprise for you. Vontay is gonna come too." He says.

"Really he can answer you but can't answer my fifty plus calls and texts?" Vontay done knows he's fucked up when he gets in the car.

"How the fuck you gonna ignore me for three days but can answer him?" I turn around in my seat and ask. Vontay just sits back and lets me yell.

"I was busy okay." I scoff and turn back around.

He pulls up to an apartment building. I look at Dom. "We can sign today and it's ours."

We sign and will start packing to move that night. "You know Fiona is gonna kill you right? You aren't even eighteen yet." Vontay says.

"A few months." I say as well walk back to the car. I feel nauseous and dizzy again. I grab onto Vontay and he holds onto me.

"Liv, you okay?" He asks. I shake my head and lower myself onto the ground.

"I'm gonna pass out." I say. Dom gets down next to me and holds me as Vontay gets the car to pull around.

"You've been feeling like this for at least a week. Let's just go to urgent care and make sure it's nothing to do with your sugar." He says. I nod and Dom helps me stand up and get into the car.