22

"Livy!" I turn around when I hear someone say my name. It's Denise she was part of the gang. Montey's girl to be exact.

"Hey, baby. How are you doing? I heard what Mont did to Dom. Is this your baby?" She asks. My heart drops.

"Wait what Montey did?" I say as I let her look at Ollie.

"Oh shit you didn't know." She says standing up straight. "He was the one that killed him, hun. I'm sorry." My heart is beating out of my chest.

"I have to go." I leave quickly and go home.

"Lip!" I yell as soon as I walk in. "Watch Ollie. I have to go." I hand him to Lip and go out back grabbing the gun. I grab the bat and walk down the street.

I bang on the door with the bat. "Montey! Open the fuck up you stupid fuck!" I scream. He opens the door and I push inside.

"You fucking killed Dom. The father of my kid and because of that caused me to have a preterm labor and almost die." I hit him in the knee with the bat.

"He had it coming." He says as he looks up at me. I put my foot on his neck. "Keep it up and your kid is next, bitch!" I grab the gun and shoot next to his head.

"Touch my kid and I will make sure you die a slow and painful death." I hit him with the bat until I feel someone pull me off. I turn around and try to land them with it.

It's Vontay.

"Livy get the fuck out. Now." He says. I grab my shit and go. He follows behind me. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"What the fuck are you doing! You knew he killed him and are staying there. He killed the father of my son and almost caused me and him to both die." I scream at him.

I start walking away and he grabs me pinning me against the wall and kissing me. "Shut the fuck up." He whispers in my ear.

We fuck in the alley and as I slip my shirt back on he gets up and follows me home. "I gotta see this son of yours."

We walk into the house where Lip is with Ollie on the couch. "God damn he looks just like him." He says. Ollie smiles when he sees me.

I pick him up and Vontay and I go upstairs. I can see Frank in a bed in the boys room.

"Carl, what the fuck is he doing here?" I say pushing the door open.

"He's sick, Liv." Carl says.

"I don't give a shit. Fi is gonna tell you he's your stray. Which I think your stray shit so might wanna get on it." I say walking back to my room.

——

It's almost 10 pm when I start my walk to work. I close the door and there's a car sitting out front. I grab my knife from my pocket, keeping a hand on my gun tucked in my jeans. I use the blade to tap on the window.

The window rolls down and Debbie is sitting in the seat. The guy behind the wheel has to be at least 5 years older than her.
"Deb, I suggest you step out of this car before I drag your ass out of it." I say. She opens the door and I drag her arm taking her inside.

"V, explain to Debbie why she can't be having sex this young and especially with a boy at least 5 years older than her!" I yell.

——-

The night at the bar goes easy without having to drag any drunks out onto the street. Surprisingly,  I don't have to fight with Frank to leave because he didn't even show up.

I close the front door behind me, locking it as I make my walk home. I have several missed calls from Lip. I redial his number and hold the phone to my ear as I begin my walk.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Hey. Sorry I was at work. How's it going?" I ask, my breath visible in front of me from the cold Chicago air.

"It's been doing. So I was taking a dump today and got dragged out of the stall by military police." Lip says.

"What the fuck? What did you do?" I ask, turning a corner.

"We'll I didn't. Ian did. He enlisted and stole a helicopter and did some other shit I guess." Lip says. I hear a gate open somewhere behind me and turn my head.

There's a man walking behind me wearing a black hoodie with his head down.

"Yeah I'll be home in a few minutes I'm right around the corner." I raise my voice loud enough so the person can hear me.

"Livy, what's going on? Where are you?" Lip asks. I hear him shuffle in his room. I start to walk faster when I hear them getting closer.

I feel someone grab my ponytail and then my face hits the ground. I taste metal in my mouth.

I don't even have a chance to try and get up and fight back. Blows start landing to my face and stomach. I cover my face the best I can.

I can hear Lip screaming my name from my phone.

I'm grabbed by my ponytail again and I can see now who it is. It was one of the guys from the gang. He flips his knife open and I feel the burning pain in my shoulder as he carves something into it. He throws me back onto the ground and just walks away like nothing happened.

I lay there for a minute and just stare at the stars in a daze.

Lip's voice yelling snaps me out of it and I struggle to find my phone. I find it laying on the concrete, the screen busted.

"Lip," I sob as I try to get to my feet.

"Livy, I'm on my way home. Can you get to the house?" He asks. I nod my head but then realize he isn't here to see it.

"I think so. I'm not even a block away." I say, staggering down the sidewalk. "My phones busted."

I hear my pump beep and I look down to see that I'm in the orange level.

I fall into the fence outside our house, trying to steady myself to take the last few steps inside.

The door opens with Kev, V, and Debbie standing there. Kev sprints down the steps to me. He unlocks the gate and I fall into his arms.

"Oh my god. Livy, what the fuck happened?" Kev asks, helping me up to the house. I fall onto the couch and Kev helps me into it the rest of the way.

Veronica rips my shirt to see where all the blood is coming from. She pours what looks like alcohol  on a towel and then presses it on my shoulder. I bite down on my tongue.

"I told you that shit was gonna catch up with you even after you left." Veronica says. She replaces the towel with a gauze and wraps it around my shoulder. She looks at Kev. "Call Fiona."

"I left months ago. They're the reason I'm doing this shit alone. They are the reason why my son doesn't have his fucking dad! Do you not think I don't know this? I don't need you to keep telling me I fucked up my life." I yell at Veronica.

My monitor beeps loudly again and I look at it, pressing a few buttons before leaning back against the couch. Veronica just stands up and brings me back a juice. She pokes the straw into it, holding the box while I take a drink.

I lay there for a few minutes until I hear Ollie cry from upstairs, jumping up from the couch to run to our room. I get halfway down the hallway before realizing I fucked up.

I'm really light headed and end up having to sit down in the hallway. V and Kev come next to me.

"I've got Ollie. Go get some sleep. Kev will help you." She says. I grab Kev's hand and lay down on the bed. Veronica grabs Ollie and closes my door behind her.