13

The bad part about taking double my meds for times like these is I don't remember things.

I wake up in my bed. I don't remember anything from her funeral. I hear someone outside the door and Fiona comes in.

"Hey. You feeling better?" She asks brushing my hair back.

"My head hurts. What happened?" I ask.

"You had a panic attack. I had to call Kev cause you couldn't walk. I had to shove a hydroxizine down your throat cause you refused to take it." She says. I sit up and she hugs me.

"Don't you have work?" I ask.

"I'm not going tonight. I'm going to stay home with you." She says. I shake my head.

"I'll be fine. Go to work." I tell her. She kisses my head and I get up. She follows me downstairs.

I sit on the couch in between Lip and Vontay. Lip hugs me against him. "Are you hungry?" He asks. I shake my head. He just hugs me.

They won't know what I'm going to do. I can't sit in this house. I'm going back to the ring and fight.

I sit with them until Lip goes to bed and Vontay goes home. I sneak out and run to the ring. There's a lot of people there. A lot more than normal.

I'm up after the next match. There's basically no one here to have my back. It's a girl half my size. She's stupid though.

She doesn't know how to properly fight and she thinks she knows me but she doesn't.

She throws a punch and I dodge going straight for her ribs. She falls back a little and soon enough I have her on the ground. I win. I'm given fifty bucks at the end of the fight and I leave.

I walk outside and someone grabs my arm. I jerk and see Vontay.

"Fuck." I say.

"Yeah. What the fuck are you doing here?" He asks. I bite my lip.

"I needed something. It's better than drugs." I tell him.

"Still just as dangerous." I start walking and he follows.

"Look I don't need you to follow me around. I can take care of myself."I tell him.

"Yeah sure. Last time you said that you got stabbed." He says. I turn around and look at him as we make it to the steps of my house.

"I don't need to be watched, Vontay." I go inside.

———

I wake up the next morning to a banging downstairs. "Slut!" It's a voice I don't know. I jump out of bed and open my door. Fiona runs past and I see the other woman run up the steps. I grab her by her hair and yank her back.

"Nice parenting. Bring your kid to beat ass? Put him down and I'll show you how to take a hit instead of going after my fucking sister, skank." She tries to hit me but I grab her hand.

"Tell her I'm not done. She's not getting away with fucking my husband." She says.

"I don't figure she'll do it again cause from what I heard the sex was shit. How'd you even get a kid from that?" I say. I yank her up and walk her downstairs and literally throw her out the door.

Fiona opens the bathroom door and comes out. "Pulling one like I used to I see." I tell her.

"I wish the sex would have at least been worth it." She says going into the kitchen.

"I'll fuck her up if needed." I sit down at the table. There's a knock at the door and I walk over to open it.

"Take the bat. We don't have a kid scheduled until 8." Debbie tells me. I walk over and open it. I drop the bat when I see Dom standing there.  He holds his arms out and I hug him. Fiona runs around the corner probably expecting for Craig's wife to be back.

He walks inside and closes the door. I don't let go of him.

"Why are you back?" I ask. I hear him laugh.

"I heard about Addy. So I got myself kicked out. It was totally worth it though." He says. I let go and he kisses me.

"I missed you." I say. He says it back and kisses me. We walk into the kitchen and sit at the table.

"Lip you owe me a pack." I tell him. He slaps hands with Dom and we all sit down. I take my meds and everything before we eat.

"I ended up having to work tonight. Debs had her sleepover tonight. I'm leaving money for pizza and everything. Livy is in charge." Fiona says handing me a cup.

We finish up and Dom and I decide to go into town and get some things for my sister. We get Debbie's cake and drinks and everything. We stop at the Alibi.

If I'm going to deal with all these kids I need a drink. Kev let's me have a few shots and a beer then he cuts me off.

"You may be my favorite Gallagher but I have to cut you off get home kids are showing up." He says.

There's already a bunch of kids there when we arrive. One of them being Holly. The girl is fifteen and still in the fourth grade.

She stands up and walks over to Dom. I grab his hand and walk into the kitchen.

"Debbie, keep your whore friends away or I'll have to catch a charge." I tell her. We sit everything down and go back into the living room.

We sit in there for a while when Lip gets there. I walk into the kitchen after him.

"Can you watch these kids for thirty minutes?" I ask. He looks at me knowingly and Dom and I go upstairs.

As soon as he locks the door he holds me against the door. We try to make things quick but hey we haven't saw each other in over a month now.

When we go back downstairs I see Holly running out the door with Hank running after her. Lip runs his hands through his hair.

"What the hell just happened?" I ask.

"She was trying to fuck and I turned her down." He says. Fiona barges in.

"You could have at least let her blow you so maybe she would have stayed." Debbie says. I go over and I hug my little sister. She just sits there.

She sleeps in a bed with Dom and I that night like how she does a lot some nights.