Chapter 22 - Death Sentence

The three ran into the hanger to find the Jellyfish ship. The two men raced aboard the ship, while Serenity kept watch down below.

"It appears you have been keeping things from me." Spock stated.

"Are you going to be able to fly this thing? Right?" Jim asked.

"Something tells me I already have."

"Good luck." Kirk told him as he began to walk away.

"Jim,  the statistical likely hood that the plan will succeed  is less than 4.3%."

"It'll work." Jim tried to assure the vulcan.

"In the event that I di not return,  please tell Admiral Valentino that I-" Spock started.

"Spock... It'll work." Jim left Spock, and went down to meet Serenity. 

"Where's Spock?" Serenity asked. She closed her eyes, and tried to reach out to him mentally. "Spock!" She gasped and her eyes flew open. "He's blocked me! What is he doing?!"

"He's gone to buy us some time. Come on." Jim stated. Serenity sighed as she started climbing the walls up to the ceiling.

"Fine. If he dies, so help me I'll-" She started.

"Not the time!" Jim interrupted. He stopped and looked up following her voice. "What are you doing up there?!"

"I'll watch from up here. No one usually looks up. It's perfect for surprise attacks, " Serenity explained.

"Good point." The two continued to tread their way through the romulan oil ship. Jim spotted Nero and aimed his phaser at him."You will order your men to disable the drill or I will-" Jim was cut off by another romulan who attacked him.

"I know your face, from earth's history." Nero exclaimed as he picked up Jim and threw him across the floor. As the romulan picked Kirk up and punched him several times, Serenity readied her self for the drop. Her ears twitched,  and her senses heightened to hear a strangely familiar ship's firing at part of Nero's vessel. "James T Kirk was considered  to be a great man. He went on to captain the USS Enterprise,  but that was another life." Serenity's eyes flashed white in the darkness as she remembered both her Spocks. A low animalistic growl exited her throat,  making Nero paused for a second. "A life I will deprive you of, just like your father."

"Captain Nero. The vulcan ship has been taken, and the drill has been destroyed." Nero let go of Jim and yelled out angrily.

"Spock! SPOCK!" Nero ran away from Jim giving him time to try to get up. The other romulan that was still there came after Jim.

"Serenity,  a little help here!" Jim stated nearly breathlessly as he fought the romulan. An ear piercing whistle echoed in the area they were in, followed by a,

"Hey dumbass, did you forget me?!" The romulan looked up to find Serenity standing on the ceiling and waving down. "Surprise!!!" The anomaly dropped down and knocked him out. She wrapped her demon tail around the unconscious romulan's neck.

"NoNoNo. D-Don't!" Jim stated. "We have to find Pike." Serenity huffed.

"Fine." Serenity stiffened. She followed him down the corridor, then suddenly stopped. "No. He can not-" Her eyes narrowed. "You'll have to go alone. I promised someone I'd always protect him. I feel like I let him down once before,  in another life. I refuse to let it happen again. Here,  put this on. When you find Pike, place this bracelet on his wrist. There's a bead of blood in each that pulses to the beat of my heart. I'm going to teleport to Spock. In the next teleportation, I will bring you both." Serenity  handed two bracelets to Jim. "Farewell." She closed her eyes and teleported to Spock.

"SPOCK!" Serenity ran to her mate and grabbed his shoulder. "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!" Tears filled her eyes. "I will NOT loose you again."

"By teleporting on board this ship, you have signed yourself to death." Spock told her. Serenity chuckled darkly as the tiny ship grew closer to its target.

"Death? Hah. I am her Queen." Seconds before they made contact in the blast, Serenity placed her wings around Spock and consequently sat on his lap. Incidentally, as the Enterprise beamed the four of them back on board, Spock nearly fell on top of her. He grabbed Serenity and pulled her to him.  The Enterprise shook violently as the blast hit them. Serenity teleported to the ship bridge immediately,  and awaited the others. Jim, Bones, and Spock entered the bridge shortly after her.
Suddenly Serenity patients wore out. She couldn't hold it any longer,  and in her madness she entered into the ultimate death maiden state.

Her dark shadow wings emerged as well as her poisonous scorpion tail

Her dark shadow wings emerged as well as her poisonous scorpion tail. Spock put a hand on Serenity's shoulder. She calmed considerably at his touch,  his mind searching for hers.

"Wait!" Jim yelled. Serenity looked at him bewildered as he announced his offer of help to the Romulans. Spock mentally agreed with her.

"I'd rather watch the Romulous death a thousand times,  before accepting help from you, Captain Kirk."

"So be it." Serenity spoke in a voice that would inflict instant fear. Her eyes shifted to completely blood red. Her hands reached out, and she chanted in out in demonish. A giant red crack appeared in the fabric of the universe,  and giant crimson hands of flames pulled the souls from the Romulan ship into the demon void. As the both the Enterprise and the Black Out pulled away, Serenity fell and hit her head. Seconds later, she blacked out.