Chapter 3 - Starlight

Jim was running late for his second day of Magic class with Professor Valentino. Jim had almost reached the door when...

"Halt!" Jim groaned in annoyance.

"Aw, shit!" He muttered under his breath. He slowly turned around to find himself looking at the only vulcan teacher at Starfleet.

"What are you doing, running in the halls at this hour?" Spock asked him.

"Well, I was coming back from Professor Valentine's office. I was on my way to her class, and now I'm going to be late for Magic 101." Jim complained. Spock's eyebrows rose.

"Admiral Valentino is conducting a class at midnight?" He asked Jim.

"Yes, that is correct, sir. " The door to the room Spock and Serenity shared for teaching their students opened and McCoy stuck his head out.

"Jim, are you coming in, or are you just going to stand out there and talk through the entire lesson? Oh ah, hello sir." Bones stated.

"McCoy, is there something wrong?" A feminine voice called as it kept getting closer to the door. McCoy opened the door wider, and Serenity Valentino walked out. "Oh,  Kirk. It's you. And your name sir..?" She asked, now speaking to Spock. As Spock looked into her eyes, they flashed a glowing golden color. . 'He's cute! I... He seems to have such a strange pull on my inner anomaly soul. I wonder if he's my Háfiēlrõn.' Spock gave a start at her words and blinked as he heard her voice echoed  in his head. He was left speechless, for a moment.

"I am Spock."

"Well, Mr. Spock,  I thank you very much for returning Cadet Kirk back to my class. Would you by any chance care to join us?"

"She's going to show us her magic signature tonight. It's gonna be awesome!" Jim stated,  which intrigued the vulcan male.

"It would be satisfactory to see how your class works. " Spock began. Her eyes lit up at his words, and she led them into the class room. She walked to the wall behind the lecture stand,  and with a white glowing finger,  traced a large circle. She place her hands together,  and closed her eyes. She slowly pulled her hand apart,  and a portal opened up on the wall. Spock's eyes widened, as he had never seen such magic in action. Serenity led her students through the portal to a jungle/forest like arena. She motioned for them to stand in a circle.

"You have wanted me to show you my magic signature. And now... I shall." Serenity spoke. She held her hands out,  palms facing up. She began to quietly sing a hauntingly beautiful yet ominously sad lullaby. Her angel wings emerged,  and spread apart, illuminated in her glowing starbright power.  In her hands was a magic signature which was the equivalent to a miniature ball of light. Soft light reflected off her hands, and as the song grew softer and more deathly peaceful,  the small ball of starlight hovered in the air for a moment, and then exploded into cluster of tiny stars. The students gasped in awe,  and when Serenity opened her eyes, they were glowing bright white. She slapped her hands together. Serenity bowed her head as she pulled them apart. When the light faded away, a sword of perfect manufacturing was present, floating in the air between her hands. Spock stared at the sword,  and at her, stunned beyond words. Serenity sighed as her eyes returned to normal. Spock watched her teach for the next hour,  completely in awe at her skill and power. She definitely reminded him of someone he had used to know, but he couldn't quite remember who.

"This...is magic?" He finally stuttered out. Serenity looked at him sweetly.

"Why of course! Would you like to join us,  for our other classes?"  Serenity asked the vulcan. Spock nodded.

"I would like that very much, Admiral." Serenity giggled lightly.

"Well Spock, see me in my office tomorrow night. And please, call me Serenity. Admiral is much to formal to me. If you'd much prefer, Seren is fine too."