Chapter 12 - Christmas Aboard the Blackout (Part 1)

Cadet Kirk, McCoy, and several other students walked to the entrance to the Starfleet Academy for the Admiral. Spock was already there, waiting and ready to notify Serenity Valentino of their arrival. He took out his communicator, and spoke to his lover.

"Serenity, the students have arrived."

"Alright then. Alert the cadets to stand outside, preferably together. They will be beamed up shortly. Are you ready for the portal drop?" Serenity asked.

"Affirmative." He closed his communicator, and ordered the cadets to do as Serenity had asked. Jim looked slightly confused, but followed his peers. A minute later, a white lined portal opened underneath Spock's feet, and he dropped through, straight into Serenity's arms. She kissed him, and then gently lowered him to the floor. Serenity walked over to her Captain's chair, and Spock followed, taking in the sight of her ship's bridge. She pressed a green button on her chair console.

"Pella, have the students been beamed up yet?"

"Yes Captain," the feminine voice called over the system.

"Thank you, Pella. Please have Harvey escort them to Deck 5. Jason, is the food ready?" Serenity asked. A young male about fifteen nodded to her.

"Yes Mum. Everything is set, just as you asked. Frank and I put the tree together the best we could. I still don't get the concept of placing ornaments on a tree, " the young man told her. Serenity smiled warmly.

"That's alright. Spock, this is Jason, one of the teens I saved five months ago. He has done well adjusting to his new position. Jason, this is Mr. Spock, my lover. He favors science, like you." Jason's eyes lit up, and as he stood at attention in front of the vulcan, he saluted him.

"Mum really likes you, she talks about you all the time to us." Spock's eyebrow went up and he looked at Serenity, who's cheeks were a rosy pink. 

"Come on love. Jason, have you had dinner yet? If not, come along." The boy nodded, and the three of them walked to the elevator, and went down to Deck 5. As they entered the room, Spock immediately noticed the large Christmas tree, with dozens of presents underneath.