Chapter 7 - Claimed

Jim walked confidently down the hall to Professor Valentino's office. Both the Professors and students of Starfleet were getting the base ready for the spring dance. He eagerly knocked on Serenity's office door.

"Come in." Jim walked in with a red rose in his right hand. He walked to her and stood up straight. He held the rose out to her. "Oh, thank you Kirk."

"Please, call me Jim," Cadet Kirk requested. Serenity looked up from putting the rose in a vase.

"James Tiberius Kirk. What is it this time?!" Serenity asked, knowing something was up. Jim gulped, as he noticed her eyes narrowing and lightly glowing golden. As he opened his mouth to speak, someone else knocked on her office door. "Come in, " Serenity called. "What is it you've come to ask me this time?" She asked again. Before Jim could get a single word out,  Spock opened the door. As he walked in, he raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

"Will you go to the spring dance with me?" Jim asked. If it were possible, Spock's eyebrows went even higher. Jim began to notice that Spock's ears began to turn green. Serenity gave a quick glance at Spock, then back to Jim.

"I'm sorry but no, Jim. Someone else is taking me." Serenity told him lightly. Jim looked at the floor with disapointment.

"Ok. But can I at least know who has the heart of the brightest gem in the universe?" Jim asked. Serenity chuckled. She turned to the man behind her.

"Spock my love. Calm down,  please?" Serenity asked as she took the vulcan's hand in hers.

"Wait... HIM?!"