Chapter 2- Magic 101

The gossip never died down the following day,  and the students were eager to meet the elusive starfleet legend. 35 young cadets were standing in groups, waiting impatiently for her to appear, when the wall behind the lecture stand opened like a portal and out stepped Admiral Serenity Valentino. The students gasped at the sight of her. She had a slender killer body,  and her eyes were a brown so dark they were nearly black. She had pointed ears like an elf of lore, and her hair was black with silver tips. The most interesting part of her was her demon tail, and horns. Serenity stepped forward,  and introduced herself to her class.

"Good afternoon cadets. My name is Serenity Valentino, and I will be your professor. Welcome to Magic 101. In this class you'll be learning about magic signatures, how to shift into animals, and how to control basic magic. This is only an extracurricular class,  so it won't be counted against your graduating grades. Once you learn how to access your magic,  we will take this class to the magic arena. Your magic signatures will act as a personal code to enter. Now, are there any questions before we begin?" A second year cadet raised his hand. "Yes cadet...?

"Cadet Harvey. Professor Valentino,  do you mean to say, that everyone has magic?"

"Yes,  that is correct. All living creatures have an invisible force of magic that flows through their veins. Imagination is a big part of magic. When you dream,  your using magic to experience things while you're asleep. It's in all of you. Now today,  we'll  start  by trying to access our inner magic. So to begin, sit or lay down on the floor, and close your eyes." As Professor Valentino sat down on the floor,  the cadets looked at each other. Then proceeded with their teacher's instructions. "To find your inner magic, concentrate on the vibrations in the air around you. Think of absolutely nothing. Suddenly it will spring forth, just like fire, lightning, or any other element." For some students, their magic popped out quickly. For example,  andorian Cadet Sh'evhohlor, her magic was an amethyst purple flame. For Cadet Melody Clark, hers was a golden yellow orb of light. Gabriel Velasco had forest green lightning shooting out of his fingertips. For others, it was more difficult. "Remember to relax the mind as well as the muscles. Magic is a wave of thought that can be flexed, just like all the other muscles in your body." Serenity walked up to two of her students who sat next to each other, the brown haired one on the left, was silently cursing. She calmly placed a hand on both of their shoulders,  and willed their bodies to relax. All of a sudden, a thunderclap interrupted their concentration. A tiny yet thick grey cloud engulfed the male brunette's hands, and he yelped in alarm.
"Well, done Cadet...? "

"McCoy, his name is McCoy, Professor,  and I'm James Tiberius Kirk." The blond male spoke.

"I can say my own bloody name, Jim!" His friend started to,say, as he was clearly agitated with his friend at the moment. Serenity stood their quietly, eyebrows raised. "I am Leonard McCoy. I teach alien biology on the other side of the campus."

"Ah, I see. Well, it is a pleasure to meet you Leonard. Your homework this week is to work on generating your magic signature, " Serenity stated. "You've all done such a great job. For those who need extra help, come see me in my office."