CHAPTER 24 - Trial's Changes.

Slenderman's P.O.V.

"Today we all Creepy Pastas gather here today for an extremely important meeting."

"What.. want to ask someone to rub your feet maybe?" Crowed Laughing Jack irritatingly.  "We're gonna have to obey anyway, you might give us a load of your mind power!" I watched all of their faces - grim and terrified. I didn't bring them up to be TERRIFIED of me.. what have I become? I felt like raging, then I remembered Rinwana's words sink into me:

"...Come to apologise for kidnapping me? Or to torture me one? Go ahead, I am not one who's SCARED."

Alas, my heartfelt love is correct. I really am one who tends to torture just to get what I want, and that WAS highly wrong. I just didn't realise it soon enough to maybe at least get SOME tiny hint of feeling, for I have no one who has captured my heart but Rinwana Greyson herself. The lovesickness wouldn't ever disappear. I knew well enough Violet Harper and Timothy were in a strong relationship, though they hadn't bothered to mention it to anybody... But Timothy was interestingly mad about Violet. So I ACTUALLY had come to asking my Proxy for advice. He just gave me a look, petrified, and then I came to know about how much I scare everyone here. I feel like the Villain, not the saviour of everyone's minds... And it drove me crazy sometimes.

I studied their bored expressions, and carried on, ignoring L.J.'s earlier comment. "We are here BECAUSE I have decided to bring up some new changes to our Trials this millenia." And just like that, absolute silence.

"Yes it is true. Thanks to my loyal Proxies over here, we have managed to collect a more than finer batch of young, talented females who hold enough skill to progress. However, the Trials do not seem to be picking them off like last millenium's. Previously around this stage - only approximately TEN survived, and that was an all time ultimate high rate of survival for us. This year is just ridiculous, and I believe it is time to "up" our game. Show the selected the real reasons they were selected." A flurry of anxiety spread through the room. And I read everyone's minds at the same time. Every expression mirrored the last, and they all contained the same mixture of emotions displayed on the faces: Anger, disgust...and even worse, worry.

I knew they all had their favourites. Jeff had Xandra - (Much too obvious, he took up BAKING for his sweetheart.) Ben's was Rose (I think) E.J.'s was unknown, but the way he kept watching over Dawn must be SOMETHING. Timothy had his most precious Violet, though he tried to cover it up.

And then..

Rinwana. The name tasted like honey on my tongue. Wait, I don't have a tongue. But it still tasted like honey.

" Just keep in mind that the Trials will be changing, and will develop to become much more challenging for the selected, consequently we will hold more than reasonable Proxies for our coven. Good luck finishing off the Trials boys, you are dismissed."

Violet's P.O.V.

"Masky.." I gave him a look. "Shut up."

"I'm being serious! Didn't that kiss mean anything to you?"

"Pfft, no!"

"Shut up."

"No, YOU shut up."

"Okayy." Suddenly his lips were on mine again, and the tugging in the knot i=of my stomach disappeared.

He took a couple of steps backwards. Okay, I'll just..." He was about to run, but I grabbed his hands. "Masky?"

"Uh, yeah?!"

"I think I like you too."