CHAPTER 18 - Escaped

Rinwana's P.O.V.

"Will she be all right?" He asked me anxiously. "She did train, right? And she's going to survive? Tell me - did she take the extra lessons? Oh, please tell me she did!" I pressed a finger to his lips, shutting him up.

"Ben, Rose will be just fine! I bet she'll ace the Trial, don't panic so." Ben shut his eyes briefly, biting his lip. Violet came striding over, her long hair brushed into a high ponytail and dressed in her usual oversized tees-and-denim shorts gear. "That was fucking easy! I bet everyone survives this one! Erm, Rinwana... What's up with Ben?" I laughed. "Just being overprotective as usual."

As if on cue, Rose tumbled out of the elevator, gasping for breath. Ben did a tuck jump and sped towards her, so it was just me and Vi, until Xandra and Axel appeared. "I can't believe it! Like, everyone's survived!" Axel crowed, awestruck. "Not like it was hard or anything, mind."

Suddenly, the next lot of elevator doors rolled open, and just as they did, Emily was running at the speed of light to smash into it. The outcome was painful.

Emily stood up groggily, giggling. "Well, THAT was awesome! I opened an elevator with ma head!" She paraded in victory around us, laughing. We ended up joining her - laughing was better than crying.

Violet's P.O.V.

"Wait, What the fuck are you doing?" I questioned. They had dragged Heidi's bed out of the room, and suddenly MY bed was being pulled, into the centre of the bedroom. "If you don't tell me now what you are doing, I will have no choice but to murder someone." Masky looked sooooo sad, it broke my heart. "Vi, I'm so sorry..."

"What,  what's there to be sorry for?" I was confused. Then I wasn't. "Hey Masky...where's Heidi?" I let my eyes prick with tears, and Masky wiped them away, comfortingly.

Then he leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine for a couple of seconds.

"Violet, I'm afraid, I'm so sorry. H-heidi's dead. She didn't bother to get out of the Trial. I'm so sorry."

Then he turned away and trudged miserably out of the door, to spare me the pain. And he kissed me at the same time. And my legs gave way.

~~~

A/N: (DEM SILENT TEARS) Heidi's dead! PLOT TWIST...what if she isn't? Remember the hole in the elevator wall? nice, juicy cliff-hanger for yous.

Keep being awesome (: