Chapter 29

Hi Kitties

Nikhil

Vidhi and her mother were sitting on the sofa and my relatives were around them. I was near Vidhi and was holding her hand.

"Mamma tell us what is the truth." Vidhi said and her mother looked at Vidhi with sad eyes and gave her a sad smile. She caressed her hair and kissed her forehead.

"The story starts from 28 years ago. That time I was a college student. Manish Verma used to study with us and he was completely behind me. He was known as the gangster of the college. How many times I had tried to tell him that I don't have any interest in him but he didn't take it right. Even if someone used to come near me, especially a boy, he would beat them up.

He slowly became psycho. That day I had some work with my teacher so I had to stay quite late in college and that day he came up to me and started to misbehave with me. There was no one left but me and before he could go further someone pulled him off and that was your father. He had protected me and from that day he started to consider us as his enemy.

He didn't disturbed me for a good few months and your father and I became close in the meantime. We both were ready to tell our parents but before we could do anything there was a big surprise for me waiting at my home.

Manish had come to my home to ask for my hand in marriage. I wanted to tell my parents about him and his misbehavior with me but whenever I used to come up with this topic he would change that topic. My parents liked him and fixed my marriage with him and didn't even ask me about my choice. He had already told me that he will claim me by hook or crook and when I told this to your father he had tried to do something but before he could take any step Manish took the step and that was killing your father so that he could claim me.

He was almost successful. The night when everyone thought that we ran away that day Manish had come to your father and stabbed him but before he could do anymore damage to your father. I was able to hit and make him faint and was able to take him away from there. One of my friends helped me to bring your father to Amritsar and for a good few days he was under observation and then we decided to tell our parents all the things but none of them wanted to hear us. My siblings were also mad at me. So we decided that we will get married. And we did get married and we were happy enough and soon we came to know after a few months we came to know that Manish Verma was already married and wanted me. That's why he killed his first wife." She said and I my hate for him increased

"When you came into this world, our happiness doubled and everything was on the right track. But after 10 years of your birth he came back and I came to know when someone told me that some people were following me and soon he got the chance and killed your father which he showed as the accident." By now her eyes were filled with tears. Vidhi squeezed her mother's hand.

"You didn't tell me anything before and why did he kidnapped me? " Vidhi asked.

"So that he can get you married with his son, so that he can torture you and take the revenge from me. Now for him it is impossible to get me so he was using you as the medium. He is a complete psycho." Her mother and by now she was in tears. I went in front of her.

"Aunty please don't cry. He is now behind the bar and now he can never come back." I said and she smiled a little.

"Yeah mamma he will not come back and if he comes then he will pay hard this time." Vidhi said.

"Vishakha." Someone called and it was Vidhi's maternal grandmother and she embraced her in her arms

"You have taken so many years to tell the truth, my child." Grandma said and was patting her back and Grandma also engulfed Vidhi and kissed her forehead. Vidhi stood up and stood beside me and I looked at her and she was having tears of joy. She was happy.

"So...my son is no more." Mrs. Bhardwaj said and aunty nodded with tears and Mrs. Bhardwaj broke down as well. I know there is so much to gain in one time only.

"I don't want to know anything. I don't accept Vidhi as my daughter in law. What do you see in her? Bhoomi is far better than her. " My dad said and I sighed.

"Dad, don't you think you are questioning my relationship? But no problem. She might be having flaws but my love doesn't allow me to see her flaws. I love her and anything else about her I don't know. She is perfect for me. She knows many things about me, maybe you also don't know and about Bhoomi she must be perfect but my Mrs. Perfect is right beside me and is with me as my wife. Her Mr. Perfect is around her only and dad please don't put your decision on me once again. You always do that and suppress other opinions." I said and he was shocked by my words.

"Because of that girl you are talking with your father like that. I don't think that you are my Nikhil now." He said. He is doing melodrama. I sighed.

"I won't leave her." He came towards us but someone stopped him and that was Bhoomi.

"Uncle, I also don't want to marry Nikhil. Just like you my father had forcefully told me to do that. A marriage is not only a promise between two people but a whole family. You are questioning Vidhi but I would say that she is the perfect girl for Nikhil. I had many times seen Nikhil seeing Vidhi with love but I think your pride is blocking your way. If you can't take your own kid's choice into consideration then how will you become a good parent to you own kid." Bhoomi said.

"You and my dad are once again trying to put your own decisions on us. You want to know what it will result in, then listen, it will result in our life destruction. You are making the same mistake which Vidhi's grandparents made. Without listening to their choice, making your decision. It will keep you only happy but it will take away many life." Bhoomi said and I think my father will get some sense now.