Chapter 16

Hi kitties

Vidhi

I was sleeping peacefully when someone decided to wake me up.

"Vidhi wake up" It was Sonia

"Please let me sleep." I said.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

"Nothing. I am feeling cold." I said and it was an honest answer. I was really feeling cold.

"Nice way of saying that you want to sleep." She said.

"Then let me sleep. " I said.

"Vidhi what had happened to you today. You always wake up at four only but today it is already 8. And in a few minutes breakfast will be served." I heard her speech and woke up immediately.

"Maybe I am tired." I said and she nodded.

"Now go and have a bath." She said,

"It's cold. I don't want to have a shower." I said.

"Yuck. You are acting like a kid." She said and I chuckled. I went into the bathroom and took a bath and the first drop of water was something at which I shivered badly. I don't know why. I take a bath and come out from the bathroom and get ready in something comfy like leggings and a top. I sat on the bed and then laid on it. I am not at all feeling good. My eyes were heavy and even the speed of the slow fan was sending chills in me. I am guessing that I am suffering from fever. Maybe because I generally have a fever when the weather changes. But those days I haven't felt this abnormal like I am feeling like today. I sighed.

"Vidhi you ready? It is time for breakfast." Sonia said and entered the room.

"What are you doing? You are sleeping once again." She said and I haven't said a word.

"Vidhi come on. We have to go." She whined

"I don't have an appetite. You go and have the food." I said

"Am I dreaming? You never say no to food." She said, I sighed.

"Fine. But bring me something light for me now. I don't really have an appetite." I said

"Fine." She said and went away. I touched my body and it was hot. I really am suffering from a fever. Forget it. No need to tell anyone anything. I will go and will buy my medicines. Now I am regretting not bringing the medicines when my mother told me to. I heard a door knob and I popped up my head and saw Sonia had come. She was holding the tray and I sat up straight.

"Hmm... Here is your food." She said and I thanked her and ate it. Though every bite was very large for me as it will take millions of years to swallow it. I drink the juice she had brought for me.

"Are you okay?" Sonia asked

"I am okay. What will happen to me?" I asked her

"I don't know why but feeling that you are lying." She said and I was very uncomfortable.

"Maybe I don't want anyone to worry about me." I said and Sonia looked at me. She immediately put her hand on my head and removed it.

"You are burning." She said and when I touched myself it was just warm

"I am not burning. I am just warm." I said and she shook her head

"Your body is burning and you didn't even tell me." She said and I shook my head

"When I didn't know that I was suffering from a fever, how could I tell you?" I said and she was silent.

"I don't want to hear anything. You stay here. Give me the tray and you rest. I am coming in a while." She said and took away the tray and I nodded. I laid down but I wasn't able to sleep. I was feeling cold. I am not at all able to handle this. I want mamma by my side. Mamma I want you!! I sighed. I wasn't able to sleep so I decided to go out. When I stood I realized that I will not be able to walk as I am feeling so lazy. I never ever like to get sick at different places, rather I would like to be with my mother.

I closed my eyes and felt that my head was aching badly. It was like 5000 pounds over my head. I really don't want to stay over here. I stood up and was about to lose my balance but I took a support and stood up and with laziness I went towards the door. I only know how I was feeling.
Forget it.

"Vidhi" I heard a voice and turned around to see Garv.

"hmm.. " I hummed.

"Are you okay? you haven't come for breakfast downstairs." Garv asked.

"I am okay. Just not feeling well." I said.

"Then you should rest when you are not feeling good. Where are you going? " He asked.

"I was looking for Sonia. She hasn't come yet. Have you seen her? " I asked him and he shook his head.

"I haven't maybe she is downstairs. I will come in a few minutes and you can go to your room and rest. I will send Sonia to you." He said and I nodded and he went away but I didn't go to my room but downstairs. Every step of the stairs was very high for me. I think I should really go and take a nap in the room. I sighed. I just stood over there for a few minutes to look at the stairs which were terrifying me with its height.

I turned around and started to walk towards my room but it was like it was way too far. My eyes were starting to blur. Everything was now blurry and I really couldn't see where I was going.

"Vidhi." It was Nikhil. I know his voice by heart. I smiled but my head was way too hurting.

"Vidhi. " he said but the pain I was in, wasn't allowing me to reply to him back. I was losing my balance and I started to see black dots.

"Vidhi!!!" He shouted and I felt a hand around me but I knew before I could see him I had already lost my consciousness.