Chapter 18

Vidhi

I am good after that scary fever which was very stubborn to go away any time soon. I have been told by Sonia that Nikhil had taken care of me that day and because of him only, I am okay now. I thought that my words must have hurt him and will never come around but no, he does love me and this is proved by him but isn't it too late for us to be together

Let's forget it, I am happy. In fact, I am very very happy. You might want to know. My mother is coming. Finally one week without her is going to end today. I was literally dancing on the bed and was laughing crazily. I had missed her so much.

"Vidhi don't jump much, otherwise you will break off one of your bones." Sonia said and I chuckled. I come down from the bed.

"Fine, I won't be jumping on it anymore." I said and went away and met Nikhil. When our eyes met, everything around me stopped, Everything was slow and everything was non-existent around me. My heart was beating fast. All the butterflies that had died down were flying again. Everything around me was so beautiful. But when I realized what I was doing I quickly averted my gaze and went past him completely ignoring him. It is really hard for me to watch him getting married to someone who is my best friend. Should I make this marriage stop? I received two messages, one from my heart and one from my brain. You can guess what was the answer. As usual the heart was saying yes but brain no. I hate my brain, why can't it support my heart ever and I too hate my heart because it always creates some unwanted situation.

I sighed and came downstairs and found that Mr. Chauhan was instructing everyone. Everyone was in a rush after all today was the engagement ceremony. Another step to stab my heart. I am really angry with Mr. Chauhan. How can he plan his son's wedding just after his break up and invited me too in this marriage. He didn't like me from the start only and I am doubting that he had sent some fake photographs to Nikhil. I went to the kitchen. And found an aunt who was busy with another lady. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around and saw Bhoomi.

"What are you doing here?" I asked

"Just saw and followed you." She said."What are you doing here?" She asked

"Nothing, just came to have a cup of coffee." I said

"I will make you one." She said and I nodded.

She was making coffee when something came in my mind

Will mamma be able to face her own parents? It's been a long time since she last talked to them. She always wanted to meet her family but she couldn't as she knew that for her parents she is dead. I think if mamma would have taken the step and met her parents and told why she ran away then they must have forgave her but she did nothing. I don't know what will happen after 27 years. Though I would like mamma to take the step and face her parents.

"What happened kid?" I heard someone and saw my grandma though she doesn't know who I am to her.

"Nothing grandma." I said and she nodded

"Here is your cup of coffee." Bhoomi said and handed me the cup of coffee

"Thanks." I said

"By the way Vidhi, Did you find anyone for you?" Bhoomi asked and I choked on my coffee.

"No.....no" I said

"Are you okay?" She asked and I nodded

"I am not interested in finding anyone else. I am not in a hurry. I think I will live with my mother forever." I said and she chuckled.

"But a girl has to marry someday." She said

"Then I will think about getting someone when I reach 50." I said and chuckled and she joined me.

"Do you have someone in mind?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Have you thought about someone?" She asked

"Hmm... yeah Ashish." I said in a joking manner but she was shocked.

"Really?" She asked and I shook my head

"No, I was just joking." I said and she sighed with relief.

"What do you think about him?" She asked

"What I think about him?" I asked her and she nodded. " He is nice and smart. He does know how to handle situations. Even if they are the worst. Me, Sonia, Garv and Ashish joined together and became close. Sometimes, he takes someone else's crime as his and blames himself for it. It shows that he can do anything for his friends. But sometime when somehow I see his eyes then they have mixed emotions. Some of them, which I think, are hatred, regret, pain, sadness. He is very introverted. He opens up very rarely. He can live with those pain until they eat him alive. I do want to know what he is suffering from. I do like to help him but it looks like he doesn't want it. I think his partner will be able to take that pain and secrets out from his heart which are not allowing the love to enter in it. I think he is scared. Scared of losing someone that's why it was hard for him to even talk to us but gradually he talked with us.

Me, Sonia and Garv, we are witness to his nightmare and suffering. His eyes sometimes cry but the pain is not washing away. We had witnessed him living the live nightmare. I think he just needs the right person and love in his life. I don't know him even 5 percent. He most of the time keeps himself away." I said

"You can write a whole book on him." She said,

"I think I can." I said and we both laughed.

"I wish that he gets what he deserves and he does deserve all the happiness which someone had taken away from his life." I said

"I think someone will hold him forever." Bhoomi said.

" I know little about him but I think he won't let anyone hold him but he will hold the person who will be able to accept what he is." I said and we talk further about random things