chapter 14

Hi kitties

Vidhi

The function was in full swing. It was getting pretty good. The Mehandi artists are also making the Mehandi on my hand as well. Even though I had told them not to. Everyone is happy and both of my grandparents still don't know that I am their granddaughter. I don't know how long I will stop myself from not telling them. I really do want them to know that they have a granddaughter. I looked over Bhoomi.

Bhoomi is so lucky that she is getting a perfect bridegroom. He will keep her happy. Even though I am jealous that she stole him from me. But maybe this was my fate. She was enjoying and who I am to intrude in her happiness. She is innocent all over here and she doesn't even have to get involved in it. It is my heart which is broken and I have to take care of it.

I didn't realize that my Mehandi was done until someone shook me out of my thoughts. I got up and went somewhere else. I mean in my room. I looked out my window and looked at the beautiful scenery. Why did I ran to my room? I don't know. I was feeling suffocated with them. I was breaking when they were happy. I was controlling myself from crying and spilling everyone happiness. I was stopping myself from telling the truth to everyone. Someone put the hand on my shoulder. I looked up and found Sonia. I was shocked to find her here. I thought she really broke off our friendship.

"Please don't cry." She said and wiped up my tears which I didn't know had already to the end of the chin.

"What are you doing here? I thought...." She cut me off.

"No, I can never break our friendship. I was just that I was hell angry when you kept me in the dark and I don't know why you were crying. It felt like I am nothing in your life. I felt..." This time I cut her.

"No, it wasn't your fault. I just don't want you to be tense about my past which I know can never become my present or future." I said and she looked confused.

"Maybe I am ready to tell you what happened." I said and she nodded. I told her everything. Means everything. Not a part I have missed. After I finished, she hugged me immediately.

"I am so sorry Vidhi. I am really sorry. For adding the pain in your life. When you were already suffering. I am really sorry." She said and I smiled. I released her from the hug and wiped off the tears.

"Hey hey. Don't cry. You look like a chimpanzee when you cry." She said and hit me with a pillow.

"Hey, my Mehandi will be ruined." I said and she stopped and we smiled at each other and hugged each other once again.

"I am really sorry." She said and I smiled. The day passed as we both became the same old best friend. My hands Mehndi were red. I don't believe in the rituals that say your hand Mehndi becomes red because your partner loves you a lot. But I am single. Hehehe... I was on the terrace and was listening to the music that I love after the break up. Tenu Na bol pavaan. I listen to it just to calm my nerves down. I know he won't be mine. Of course he is going to be someone else. I sighed. Someone put the cold hand beside mine. I shivered by that cold hand and heard laughing through my blasting music and I know who that person was? I paused the song and remove the headphones

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Just saw you here and walked here." He said and I sighed. "By the way what are you doing over here?" He asked.

"Just to calm my nerves down." I said honestly.

"Hmm.... I see that you must be remembering your mother." He said and I nodded. "Why don't you call her?" He asked.

"I had talked to her and she will come here for the engagement party." I said and he looked nervous. "Something happened?" I said and he shook his head.

"Nothing." He said and I nodded.

"Today's weather is cool and chilly." I said.

"Yeah. This is the time for the arrival of winter and Diwali too is coming." He said and I nodded.

"There is still one month left." I said.

"Hmm... So why do you have to go tomorrow only? You can go the day after tomorrow." I said and he sighed.

"I had come here to meet my father. I have to settle some work with him." He was gritting. Gritting inside him only. But his anger was shown in every word he said. What is wrong with his father and him?

"Okay as you wish." I said.

"And by the way I had come to meet all of you not to attend the wedding. You are also on a mission. remember?" He asked and I nodded.

"I can never forget that. This is not just a mission but also my revenge." I said and he smiled.

"I wish I could help you." He said sadly.

"No problem. I have so many friends over here to help me." I said and he nodded.

"Maybe we should go downstairs. I have to leave." He said and I nodded. I unplugged my headphones and closed the music app and walked downstairs with Ashish. He is the person who is carrying more secrets than me. And I can guarantee it. Because I have seen him. He smiles more than me but deep down he is living in those pain and trying to fade them away but they can't just go away like that. He still hasn't come out of it. I am damn sure that his pain is much more than I am suffering. I don't know what he is suffering from. And why does he hate his father so much? Many secrets, me and him are carrying which we also don't share between us. I hope someday we will be able to release those secrets from our hearts forever.