Chapter 12

Hi kitties

Vidhi

Last night was horrible for me. My head was blasting. It was like that last night I was heavily drunk. I sighed. Side effects of crying for long. I quickly took a shower that made me feel better. I changed my clothes into a t- shirt and some comfortable pants. Great combination for me now. I came downstairs as it was breakfast time. Here three times food is served. First for us or kids and secondly for all men and lastly for ladies. I go towards the dining room and sit on the chair.

Soon Sonia came and sat beside me and she was kind of in a bad mood.

"Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded. I know that there is something going on. Her chocolate brown eyes always shine but today they were dull and you can tell that she is upset when she doesn't talk at all.

"You can share with me you know." I said and she nodded.

"Then tell me what is bothering you." I said and she looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I am bothered." She replied. What had happened to her?

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"What is between you and Nikhil Chauhan and why were you crying yesterday?" She asked and I was shocked. How does she know that?

"I don't know what you are talking about." I said awkwardly.

"You know very well what I am talking about Vidhi. You know it very well." True. I know it very well. I sighed.

"I will tell you later." I said.

"Hmm.. the time when you will tell them to consider talking to me till then leave me." She said and I sighed. This is not good. Aunties serve the food and we dig into it. Everyone was present. And as Sonia said she didn't talk to me. She neither looked at me nor talked a single word with me. And I guess Garv noticed it.

"Is something off with you guys?" He asked. I nodded. I don't know why I have told Garv in the first place about my past with Nikhil. He does know what I feel when Nikhil is around. Maybe it is because I find a big brother figure in him. I do see him like a big brother and he looks at me as a friend as well as a sister.

"Yes there is." I said and he looked at the way where Sonia had left.

"What happened?" He asked and I shook my head and he put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a concerned look. I sighed and told him everything.

"I guess it is time for her to know what he is to you." He said.

"Was." I said. He gave me a confused look. "He was something to me." I said and he nodded.

"Vidhi get ready. We have two hours before we start the Mehandi ceremony." Mrs. Chauhan said. I mean Nikhil's aunt. I nodded. I walked towards our room and when I wanted to open it. It was locked. I sighed. Is she this upset with me? There are many things which we can't share with everyone and my mother, Sonia and Garv are the burning examples of it. They all don't know who I am and what I am. I sighed and changed my direction. But then my phone started to ring and I picked it up without checking the caller ID.

"Hello Vidhi?" He asked and I immediately recognised the voice.

"Ashish." I speak. It was quite loud that some heads were turned towards me. But ignore it.

"Yes it is me." He joked.

"Why did you call me?" I asked him

"I have got a vacation and I am now in Delhi and want to meet you guys. I will attend your friend's ritual ceremony today and will go back to my father's house." The word father when he said. He was angry. I don't know why.

"Shall I pick you up?" I asked him.

"It will be my pleasure." He said dramatically.

"Send me an address. I am coming." I said and hung up when I heard the click of the door knob. I looked behind and saw Sonia. She was looking beautiful in her white crop top and long skirt.

And the jewelry she wore was matching her dress. she didn't even look at me and walked away. I don't have time. I have to pick Ashish also. I searched for Garv but I couldn't find him. I found Bhoomi instead and she wasn't yet ready.

"Bhoomi you are not ready yet? I asked her.

"You are not ready as well." She said and I shook my head. And decided to tell her about my departure.

"Oh Bhoomi. I am going to pick up my friend and if anyone asks about me then tell them I will be here in a few minutes." I said to her and she nodded.

"But who is this friend? Whom I don't know" She asked and I smiled

"Ashish Verma." I said and her face left all of the color suddenly.

"What happened to you?" I asked her and she shook her head.

"Nothing you do. I will tell the reason whosoever asks about you." She said and I nodded. I took my golden leather jacket and moved out with my jeep and drove towards the location which Ashish had sent me. I am feeling something is wrong over here and that Bhoomi's drained face which was clearly showing that she didn't like the name Ashish or in other way she doesn't want him to come over here. Right? Am I the only one who is hiding something everyone or more are like me? I am totally confused. Let the time decide when every secret and pain will come in front of us.