Chapter 17

Hi kitties

Nikhil

I had already reached the dining table and settled down myself. I found someone missing from the dining table. Of course everyone was present even her friend Garv but she was not present. I was waiting for her to arrive but she didn't arrive and I saw her friend Sonia taking up the food upstairs and she came down in a few seconds and sat with us. She must have taken the food for Vidhi. Is she okay? I was very much worried about her now. After the food was served. I started to eat but most of the time my mind diverted to Vidhi. That's why I was eating slowly. Sonia's food was finished and after she went upstairs and brought an empty tray. I am thinking Vidhi is really not well.

I quickly finished my food and washed my hands. Everyone's food was finished and the adult members of the house were sat to eat. I am really not into this marriage but Vidhi is also not agreeing with me. She had said that there is time. If we are destined to be together then we will be together. But for now it looks like the total opposite. Should I take a step and call off this marriage. I started to go upstairs and saw a figure which was walking very weakly. Till I knew she was Vidhi.

"Vidhi."I called her. But she didn't reply. She had stopped. I started to go towards her.

"Vidhi" I said and she again didn't reply but this time her balance was losing. She was about to fall.

"Vidhi!!! " I shouted and before she could touch the ground I grabbed her by her waist. I checked her temperature. She was burning. I was right when I thought that she wasn't doing good at all. I carried her in my arms and took her to her room. She was unconscious. I placed her on bed safely and went down to bring some ice cold water and a cloth. I quickly did my work and returned back to her room and sat beside her. Finally today without any argument I am near her and she is with me what else do I need. I soak the cloth in ice cold water and put it over Vidhi. I kept looking at her.

When will she realize that I love her so much and that was a mistake? I know she must have been feeling that she is back stabbing her friend and that's why she is ready to sacrifice me. But does she know that my heart which is captured by her is not getting ready to come back to me. I am defeated in front of my heart and my heart is not feeling good today. Someone came inside and it was Sonia.

"What are you doing here Nikhil?" She asked

"Nothing I found Vidhi outside so I carried her to here" I said

"Hmm..." She hummed

"Why didn't you tell anyone that she is suffering from fever?" I asked her

"Firstly she didn't even tell me. I found that she was suffering when I brought food for her." She said

"Where were you?" I asked

"I went to buy the medicine." She said,

"You stay here , I will come in a few minutes" Sonia said and went away before I even replied to her.

"Vidhi, you are so stubborn. No doubt about that. You had made me crazy for you. And you still think that I can live without you. " I said to her and I sighed. She is sleeping and she won't be hearing me. I am such a stupid person. I think I should let her sleep. I was about to get up from the bed when I heard the phone ringing and it was Vidhi's phone. I looked it up and it was from her mother. I don't think I should pick up the phone. I leave it and in few minutes Sonia came inside the room

"Who is calling?" she asked.

"Vidhi's mother." I replied shortly.

"Can't you talk to her?" she asked me and I shook my head.

"I don't think that her mother would like her daughter's phone to be picked up by any stranger." I said and she nodded. She went to the phone and picked it up and talked with her mother, assuring that Vidhi was alright when she and I both know that Vidhi is not okay.

"Fine aunty. See you in two days." Sonia said and hung up.

"What happened?" I asked her

"Aunty is coming to your engagement ceremony and she was asking about Vidhi." She said and I nodded.

"You are here and take care of her. I will come afterwards." I said and got up from my place.

"Why do you care about her? It is not like you are anyhow related to her." Sonia said to me and I was stopped in my tracks. I turned towards her.

"Maybe she had broken off all kinds of relationships with me but a relationship that I can't still deny is that our hearts are still connected and neither she nor I can deny it." I said and went out. I don't know if Vidhi had told Sonia about us or not,but I think she knows that there is something between us.

The words which I said a while ago are true. Vidhi you may have cut me from your life but I haven't cut you off yet. You were mine, You are mine and You will remain mine. I know my stupidity had lead to something insane but I promise before this marriage happens I will claim you back and will make you my mine for forever