37

"Combien?" I asked the food vendor that was selling cotton condy on a wooden kiosk

"Combien?" I asked the food vendor that was selling cotton condy on a wooden kiosk. She told me the price and I bought two. While I was walking, I could see a lot of tourists. Especially, couples.

No wonder Paris is called the city of love.

It took me fifteen minutes to get to the house. The gate wasn't locked.

Nakalimutan na naman siguro ni Manang. Pagpihit ko ng door knob ay sinalubong ako ng dilim. Inilapag ko muna sa isang tabi ang supot ng groceries bago ko binuksan ang ilaw.

I gasped the moment the lights flickered open. There was a banner on the wall which read: Joyeux Anniversaire Mommy!

May mga lobo pa sa sahig. Alexiana, my four year old daughter bounded down the stairs wearing a pink gown while holding a pink rose. Her long hair was curled and she was wearing a flower crown.

She smiled at me and gave me the rose. She kissed me and said, "Je t'aime, Mommy!"

Tears were welling up in my eyes and I pulled her for a hug. "Merci. I love you, too, baby."

She gave me a toothy smile. She tapped my shoulder and pointed at the top of the stairs.

A kid the same age as Xiana was descending from the stairs, wearing a red long sleeve polo. In his little hand was a red rose. The little boy ran to me and handed me the rose. "A red rose for the best mommy in the world."

Napangiti ako bago inabot ang rosas. Sobrang saya ko nang dumating ang kambal sa buhay ko. They gave me a reason to be happy again.

They nodded and smiled. Manang was next to give me a rose. Niyakap niya rin ako bago ibigay ito.

"Maligayang kaarawan at masaya akong nakikitang masaya ka ngayon," madamdamin niyang sabi.

"Mommy, were you surprised?" asked a smiling Alexiana who was tugging at my hand.

"Yes. Thanks, sweetie."

"The surprise isn't over yet!" Alexander cocked his head sideways and I looked at the direction he was looking.

Napangiti ako when I saw him. Nagkamot siya ng ulo and winked at me. He was wearing a light blue polo. On his hand was a bouquet of blue roses.

I chuckled. "Did you plan this?"

Drei nodded with a  smirk. "Hit it, Xiana."

Tumakbo si Alexiana at may pinindot na maliit na bagay. Pumainlang ang tugtog sa buong bahay.

Tuluyan nang lumapit si Drei at iniabot ang bouquet. "Happy birthday to the prettiest woman alive."

"Thank you for this. Hindi mo alam kung ga'no mo 'ko pinasaya," bulong ko sa kanya.

He gave me a warm smile before shaking his head. "Ako 'yong dapat magpasalamat, Cassidy. Thank you for accepting me in your life." Hinapit niya ang bewang ko.

He was looking at me in the eyes.

Wala na akong mahihiling pa. I have the twins. I have Manang. And I have Raven Andrei Dominguez.

Bago ko tinawid ang distansiya sa pagitan namin ay bumulong ako, "I love you."

---

"Ang laki na nila," mahina kong anas habang nakasandal sa dibdib ni Drei. Nakayakap naman siya  habang nakasandal sa puno. Kasalukuyan naming pinapanood ang kambal na naghahabulan.

We decided to have a picnic today.

"I know, are they still asking about Aaron?" tanong ni Drei. Tumango ako bilang sagot. Kahit naman kasi umalis ako ng Pilipinas ay hindi ko inilihim sa mga anak ko ang tungkol kay Aaron.

They still have the right to know who their real father is. And Aaron still has the right to meet his children. Hindi ko naman sila gustong itago. Ayokong gawin sa mga anak ko 'yon.

I promised the twins that we would go back to the Philippines so that they could meet their dad. And I intend to keep that promise.

"Papa, Alexander is a slowpoke!" tumatawang sabi ni Alexiana nang lumapit sa amin.

Tumawa rin si Drei. "Let's eat first," sabi niya.

Inabot ni Xiana ang supot at nagkunot-noo. I had to resist the urge to pinch her cheeks because she was so cute.

"Qu'est-ce que c'est?" tinanong niya kung ano ang laman ng basket. My twins speak both English and French. Their Tagalog vocabulary is very limited.

"Hamburger. Go tell Xander it's time to eat," sambit ko.

Xander came running and sat next to Drei. "Papa, aren't you going to eat yet?" tanong niya rito, but Drei shook his head.

The two of them are really close. Sometimes, Xander would look for Drei instead of me. They call Drei Papa but they know he's not their real dad. I gave them a picture of Aaron so they know what he looks like.

I watched them eat heartily. Sumandal ulit ako kay Drei. Napansin kong medyo tahimik siya. Umayos ako ng upo para matingnan siya.

"I wish I can be their real father." He whispered.

"They grew up knowing you, in their hearts you are their real Dad." I answered. I saw him suppressing a smile. "Baka mamaya iniisip mo parin 'yong lalaking 'yon," kunwari ay nagtatampong sabi niya.

We've been together for two years now at ngayon pa talaga siya nag-isip nang ganyan? I intertwined our fingers.

Hinila niya ako palapit sa kanya at binigyan ako ng mabilis na halik sa labi.

"I love you, Cassidy Margaux." Drei said sweetly.

"Your sweetness is kidiri!" Alexiana said while grimacing. Alexander laughed at her. "It's not kidiri, Xiana! It's kediri!"

Drei chuckled and opened his arms wide. "Group hug!" Sumiksik ang kambal sa amin at nagyakapan kami.

I'm just so happy, I don't have to ask for anything else. This moment is perfect.