26

I woke up with a splitting headache

I woke up with a splitting headache. It feels like someone dropped an anvil on top of my head. I looked beside me and discovered that Aaron wasn't beside me anymore

And that's when I saw it. The bedsheets, my blanket, the walls. My brain started sending alarms.

I sat bolt upright and was shocked to see that I was only wearing my underwear. I gripped the blanket tightly as I tried to recall what happened.

Aerold! Nanlaki ang mata ko nang maalala ko ang lahat. He did this! He asked me to go out with him and I was a fool to agree! He must've put something on my wine.

I can't remember much about what happened last night after I collapsed. I did a quick inspection on my body and was relieved to find out that nothing happened between the two of us. I saw my clothes above the bedside table, already neatly folded.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit niya ito ginawa. He stripped my clothes but he didn't take advantage of me. Maari kayang nakonsensiya siya sa huling sandali?

My eyes scanned the room to look for a clock and my jaw dropped open when I saw that it was already 11:00 pm.

Baka nag-aalala sina Manang at Aaron! Nagmamadaling kinuha ko ang mga damit at nagbihis. When I went out of the hotel, the receptionist smiled and bade goodbye, but I was too distraught to compose a reply.

Hindi ko alam kung saan ako sasakay. I ran towards a woman who was about to cross the street.

"Miss, excuse me. I'm lost, please help me."

Mukha naman siyang mabait at nag-aalalang tiningnan niya ako. Binigyan niya ako ng direksyon at pera. Nagpasalamat ako.

Nginitian niya ako at tinuro kung saan ako dapat sumakay. I boarded a jeepney and told the driver where to drop me off.

No'ng nakababa na ako at pamilyar na ang lugar, naglakad ako pauwi. No'ng nasa tapat na ako ng bahay ay tila kumakalabog ang puso ko. Aaron will be furious.

Hindi ako nagpaalam kanina, so he's probably out of his mind with worry.

I opened the door and all I can see was darkness. I flipped the light switch open and was shocked to see the inside of the house.

Basag 'yong TV dahil nakatumba ito sa lapag. The bamboo sofa was out of its place and was turned upside down. The mirror which hung on the wall was smashed into pieces.

Natakot ako. Baka mamaya ay may nanloob sa bahay at sinira ang mga gamit. "Aaron! Manang! Okay lang ba kayo?"

Tumakbo ako papunta sa kusina at nagulat nang makita ko ang nanlilisik na mga mata ni Aaron. There were four empty beer bottles above the table. Nginisian niya ako agad at tiningnan ako mula ulo hanggang paa.

"The filthy whore is finally home," nanunuyang sabi niya.

I felt pain piercing my heart but I forced it down. Does he already know what happened?

"Ano'ng nangyari dito sa bahay? I was worried," mahinahong tanong ko kahit na nabibingi na ako sa tibok ng puso ko.

"Worried? You were worried?Ano pa ako no'ng umuwi akong wala ka rito at hindi rin alam ni Manang kung nasaan ka?" He kicked the nearby chair and I shut my eyes tightly.

"Aaron, I'm sorry." I couldn't think of the proper lie. I want to tell the truth but I have no idea how to start.

"Ano, Cassidy?" He was gritting his teeth.

"Naglalakad-lakad tapos naligaw ako. I don't know how to come back here and—"

"Damn it! You're a fucking liar until now. Ang sabihin mo, magkasama kayo ni Aerold at nagpagamit ka ng katawan." He balled his fists and I can see his knuckles turning white.

"That's not true," nanginginig na saad ko habang nanginginig ang labi.

He threw me a look of distaste."Nakakadiri ka, naririnig mo? Nandidiri ako sa 'yo! I loved you and all you did was play with my feelings. All you did was leave and fucking cheat!" His eyes were also watering.

Nilapitan ko siya but he held his hand up. "Huwag kang lalapit, Cassidy." His voice broke.

"Aaron, whatever Aerold told you is not true. Maniwala ka naman sakin," I begged and I reached for his hand pero iniwas niya ang sarili niya. It hurts even more.

Pinunasan ko 'yong mga luha pero patuloy lang sila sa pag-agos."Hindi ko 'yon kayang gawin sa 'yo. How could you say that to me? I thought you trusted me?" I asked, my voice hoarse and unsteady.

"Pinagkatiwalaan kita when in fact I shouldn't have. Kulang pa ba 'yong pagmamahal ko sa 'yo? Kulang pa ba, Cassidy?" Sinapak niya ang pader at napapikit na lang ako.

I sobbed."I didn't cheat on you! Wag kang maniwala, Aaron, please." I was frustrated and hurt. Nakita ko ang pag-agos ng dugo sa kamao niya at nang tangkain kong lumapit ay umiwas siya. "Get the hell away from me, Cassidy!"

Napasabunot siya sa buhok niya. He fished for his phone in his pocket and waved it angrily in front of my face. "Now tell me, bakit hindi ako maniniwala?" I detected pain in his voice.

Tiningnan ko 'yong pinapakita niya at napaatras nang makita ang isang litrato namin ni Aerold. Magkayakap sa isang kama at nababalutan lang ng isang kumot.

The photo was taken a while ago. Napapikit ako at sinubukang pigilan ang luhang nagbabadyang lumabas sa mga mata ko. But they escaped anyway.

This was Aerold's purpose for asking me out. Gusto niyang sirain kami.

"Ngayon mo sabihin na dapat pagkatiwalaan kita!" Sigaw niya na dumagundong sa buong bahay.

He trembled with rage and I bowed down, crying.

"Bakit hindi ka makasagot? This is you right here and don't you dare fucking deny it!"

I didn't answer.

He held my arms and forced me to look at his eyes. "Goddammit answer me! Ikaw to, hindi ba?"

Umiiyak na tumango ako. He let go of my arm and threw his phone on the wall. He punched the wall again.

Lumapit ako agad para pigilan siya. "Aaron, please let me explain."

Tiningnan niya ako ng masama, his chest was rising and falling. "What for? You both are dirty! You even sent it to me. Para saan? So you could rub it in my skin? How long have you been making a fool out of me?"

I shook my head rapidly. "Hindi kita niloloko, maniwala ka please! Aerold set me up!"

Tinawanan niya ako nang patuya. "And you expect me to believe that?"

"Please," I begged. Ang sakit na ayaw niya akong paniwalaan. Na ganoon pala ang tingin niya .

"I'm done believing your lies, Cassidy. I'm done," mahina ngunit puno ng emosyong sabi niya. Tinalikuran niya na ako pero hinila ko siya pabalik.

I sobbed like a baby. He kept on removing my hands and when he was successfully able to do it, nilingon niya 'ko. Wala nang emosyon 'yong mukha niya.

"Pack your bags."