Sakura Nagashi

Izuku and Todoroki parted ways at the front of school. It was still uncomfortable and was probably going to be like that for longer but Todoroki was acknowledging that Izuku was trying and that gave him enough of a reason to try as well.

"Midoriya if you're really being honest about not getting in your own way anymore, then you need to tell Yaoyorozu as soon as possible." Todoroki gave him some parting advice.

"Y-Yeah, I will, th-thanks Todoroki, f-for staying I mean."

"We're friends Midoriya..."

His lips quivered before he smiled at him. "We are, aren't we." He finished with a break in his voice, and he wiped his eyes with his arm before anything came out.

Todoroki had an uncomfortable pang in his heart and adverted his eyes from the honest emotion in Midoriya. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow." He began to head off but his eyes caught a spiral ponytail. "Looks like your chance is coming up." He began to walk away not able to look at Yaoyorozu.

"Ah, bye, Todoroki!"

He simply lifted his hand back up at him with a wave as he left.

"Oh, it looks like you were able to work things out." Yaoyorozu stepped next to Izuku with a small smile on her lips happy for him.

"Kinda, things are still going to be rough and I have to build my trust with him again, but at least it's something. Oh, how did it go with Iida?"

"For better or worse, our relationship has been terminated and I stepped down as a class rep."

"I'm sorry, Momo."

"Don't be." She had that smile, staring at Izuku. "What we have is more important than some school responsibilities."

And for the first time seeing her honest smile killed him inside. "Y-Yeah, c-come on, let me walk you home?" He pushed down the dryness in his throat and reached out his hand.

Momo's lips parted staring at his bandaged arm. Her eyes glistened with a want she had craved for so long. She gulped with a strained, "Of course." Clasping his hand with hers, and interlocking their fingers.

And he walked her home after school like she had always fantasized in her daydreams.

They had reached her house as the sun was beginning to set leaving a purple hue swirling with the clouds as the orange rays of light illuminated the sky.

Izuku was quiet as they entered her home. She began to notice his lack of cheer. She tilted her head to him as they stepped into her room. "Is something wrong, sweetie? Are you still thinking about Todoroki? Don't worry, I'm sure you will be in his good grace before long."

His zoned out eyes came back to focus. "Eh, oh no, I mean I'm just thinking about something he said."

"Oh dear, want to talk about it while we watch the sunset." Momo began to walk up that spiral staircase, stepping into the platform area where they studied and started everything.

Izuku's eyes followed her movements. He rubbed his always tired eyes, before letting out a gentle chuckle, nodding, choosing to enjoy the moment for now. "No, Momo, let's just watch the sunset." He walked up the steps, accompanying her and sitting next to her on the study table, sharing a view from the glass window.

"Can I ask you something, Izuku?"

"What's on your mind?"

"Do you see me, more as Yaoyorozu or Momo?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, before... During school I was always Yaoyorozu a-and you were Midoriya then whenever you came over you were Izuku and I w-was Momo. D-Does that sound foolish?"