Emotions Are Just Trinkets Anyways

"I made it!" Midoriya cheered as the door behind him closed. It was Monday and he had just gotten to the workshop. He had to sneak past Mina and Toru who were looking for him. Lunch was going to be an ordeal. He sighed, sagging his shoulders. Even if they came in here they knew it had to be for their hero suits only. "Although I do give Todoroki a pass all the time." He was ruffling his hair, walking farther in. In the back of his head, he had been dreading this. "Good morning Hatsume." He tried with his best normal voice.

"Good morning!" She sang like usual. The usual sounds of clunking metal and turning wrenches. "I just made coffee!" She added, she skated to a corner of the workshop were they had a sink, fridge, microwave, and coffee maker.

"Wow, she's getting really good at that." Seeing her use the original air trek. "Well, she did invent it." 'I just gave us another trademark strike!'

"Here you go." She zipped up to him, handing him a mug.

"Ah, thanks." He reached out for it, accidentally holding her fingers. She flinched slightly, but the look in her eyes begged him to drop it. So he did. He took a sip. "This is really good!" Taking another sip.

"Thanks, it's just the usual."

Izuku took another sip before plopping on to a rolly-chair. "Yeah, I probably just needed this." He let out with a big sigh. "This weekend was... rough." He dropped his head back, looking up at the luminescent lights, before closing his eyes.

"Really? I actually enjoyed myself."

"You did? I wouldn't figure you for singing." He tried to recall. 'Wait did she sing?' He honestly couldn't remember, he was tired that day and there was so much tension he couldn't focus through all of it.

"It's good to let the brain rest, and to step away from your work from time to time before it makes us stagnant." She took a sip of coffee cupping the mug with both her hands. She let out a warm breath after the sip.

He brought his head back down to her, staring with a raised eyebrow. "You're not as energetic as usual."

"Like I said, I need some downtime." She acknowledged her calmer demeanor.

Izuku did too. He mulled it over in his head before trying to approach the subject with her. The fact that she knew he shared nights with Momo and what almost happened between them before Uraraka interrupted. He cleared his throat, leaning forward on the chair, the wheels slightly edging back. "Hey, Hatsume, I know you said that it's none of your business but um, where I go-, who I'm with, I mean...-"

"Yup, just like I said, none of my concern!" She sang out again, getting up from her chair and turning around, walking back to her work. "That's right we planned to properly test the new version of your gear today, right?"

'She did the same thing last time, completely telling me it's nothing but turning away too quickly and saying it too fast.' Izuku was chewing on his bottom lip, a little frustrated. "Y-Yeah, we should, but er, Hatsume don't you think you're overdoing it, working on my gear, it's just a side project and we're already overloaded as it is. B-Besides you just said so yourself, you needed a break."

"Don't be silly, getting your gear up and running is one of my top priorities!"

"Eh? But why?" He placed his coffee mug aside and stood, walking to her.

"I already told you, for when you become a hero again, don't forget you were originally my client!"

"Yeah, I know that but I work with you now. And a part of that involves worrying about you."

"Well you shouldn't worry, I'll be fine when you run off again in the middle of the night!"

"So, it does bother you!"