Ch. 24

TW: Attempted rape (that's right this is a fun one)

Mentions of past rape

Almost immediately after Remus and Deceit left, the others began swarming Roman.

"How are you feeling?"

"What did he do to you?!"

"Do you need anything?"

"I'll make sure he never touches you again!"

It was so overwhelming. He could hardly breathe. "Y-You've got it all wrong--"

"Remus is never coming back here again! You can consider him banned from being anywhere near you!" Virgil exclaimed.

To all of their suprise, including his own, Roman burst into tears.

"Oh, Ro..."

"Shh, it's okay, he can't hurt you anymore." Patton said softly, reaching to pull him into an embrace.

"No!" Roman sobbed, wrenching himself away. "Don't touch me!"

"Roman, we just wanna help you." Logan said, more sympathy than Roman had ever heard in his voice.

"You're not listening to me!" Roman cried, shuffling away from them all. Logan seemed to be the only one who recoiled.

"You don't need to tell us anything yet, it must be hard." Patton said, placing a hand on Roman's shoulder. He squeezed tightly, causing Roman to wince.

There was something in Patton's eyes. A sort of warning that Roman recognized in the eyes of the monsters he battled in the Imagination.

Roman shook Patton's hand off, causing Patton to frown.

"Why would you--what is wrong with all of you?!" Roman exclaimed, frantically wiping tears from his eyes. He felt pathetic.

"What is wrong with us? Ro, you're confused. Remus is the one who hurt you, not us." Virgil said. "Do you want me to go beat him up for you? I'll do it."

"No!" Roman exclaimed. "Just--get out! Get out!"

"Okay, if that's what you want. Just come to us if you need anything." Patton said. "C'mon Thomas, get us out of here. Just think about the most realistic things you can."

Roman watched them sink out, glaring at all of them individually.

---

Remus appeared in the dark side of the mind palace along with Deceit.

"Remus, what were you thinking?" Deceit asked, a frown on his face. "Do you know what Patton would have done if he found out it was you ahead of time?"

"I had to do something!" Remus exclaimed, pissed that the light sides had made them leave. "You didn't feel how sad he was, Dee!

"I understand, Remus, but there had to have been another way! I thought that you left me, or you had--" Deceit cleared his throat, looking away. "Please don't do that again. I don't think my heart could take it."

"Deceit, you know I can't promise you that. Roman is my brother, I couldn't abandon him if I tried. And believe me, I've tried." Remus huffed, crossing his arms.

"Patton is going to do something to you! That look in his eyes, I recognize it! I know you do too!" Deceit scowled. "You don't know what he's capable of. What he did to you? That's just the tip of the iceburg."

"Oh, and you do?" Remus sneered. Deceit stiffened.

"Remus, trust me. You don't wanna get involved with the light sides." Deceit sighed. "Patton--he's not like the rest."