Ch. 5

Remus woke up in Roman's room. He was immediately alarmed, figuring he accidentally sleepwalked or something.

The events of the past few days came back to him and he groaned, covering his face.

This was supposed to be a simple mission. Figure out who was bothering Roman and take them out. He didn't expect it to effect him like this.

He sat up, immediately spotting Roman snuggled up in a sleeping bag on the floor.

The prince insisted that Remus take the bed. Remus took it immediately, not hesitating whatsoever.

Suddenly, a knock on the door was heard.

Remus' eyes widened when he saw Roman stir. "No!" He whispered harshly. He tiptoed over to his brother and gently lifted up his head.

Remus swayed Roman's head back and forth, while he listened to whoever was on the other side of the door.

"Roman?" An analytical voice asked. Remus groaned quietly, he really wasn't in the mood to talk to the nerd. "You've been in there all day, are you alright?"

Remus glanced at Roman's grandfather clock. It was 6 p.m. Remus fell asleep around 10:30 a.m.

Fuck.

Remus glanced down at Roman, who was off in dream land yet again. Remus sighed and gently layed his head back down.

He quietly walked over to the door and opened it just enough so Logan wouldn't see Roman.

Logan's eyebrows instantly furrowed upon seeing him. "You look...exhausted." Logan mumbled. "Have you been crying?"

Remus figured his eyes were probably red, since he had a mental breakdown earlier. And of course he looked tired, he just woke up.

"I was napping." Remus muttered, rubbing at his eyes. Logan's expression relaxed as he nodded.

"For eight hours?" Logan asked.

"What's it to you?" Remus mumbled. He stiffened slightly when he realized that was so unlike his brother.

Logan rose a brow. "I'm concerned, long naps usually mean you're either experiencing sleep deprivation or sleep apnea. Is something wrong?"

Remus opened his mouth to reject those thoughts.

"Is it Remus?"

Now, it wasn't unusual to think the embodiment of intrusive thoughts was responsible for nightmares. Hell, if Remus was Logan he'd probably think it was him too. So why did Remus feel so hurt that they immediately assumed it was him?

Remus pursed his lips. "No, nothing's wrong. I'm fine." He said. "Is that all?"

"Well--"

"Fantastic. Bye." Remus shut the door in Logan's face. He was going to slam it, but his brother was asleep still.

Remus thought about what Logan said.

Long naps were a sign of sleep deprivation or sleep apnea.

So why is Roman napping so long too?

---

Logan was annoyed when Roman abruptly ended their conversation before hearing him out. He was annoyed, yes, but that annoyance was outweighed by concern.

Roman was an airhead, that much Logan knew, but Roman would never shut the door on another person.

He still had basic decency.

Roman didn't even let Logan see inside his room, which in itself set red flags off in Logan's head. Roman never passed up an opportunity to show off a creation of his. It was in his narcissistic nature.