Ch. 16

Remus watched as Virgil sat down. He had his 'I'm-brooding-piss-off' look in his face.

"Are you okay?" Remus asked him. Virgil glanced at him, before looking away and crossing his arms.

"I feel like an asshole, but yeah. I'm fine." He grumbled. "Deceit just--ugh, nevermind."

Remus' heart stopped a little when he heard Deceit's name. "Deceit? What about him? Did something happen?" He asked.

"I..." Virgil began, before pursing his lips. "I don't know if I should talk to you about this or not."

"You can talk to me about anything." Remus insisted. Remus thought of Virgil as a brother, so saying things like that felt natural.

But then he realized that when it comes out of Roman's mouth, it sounds like--

Virgil turned red and buried his face into his hoodie. "Wh-Whatever." Virgil grumbled. "So, I-I really hurt Deceit."

"Oh?" Remus asked.

"And I know he's not my problem anymore but," Virgil added quickly, looking panicked. "I-I just feel bad, y'know?"

Not his problem anymore? Is that how Virgil felt about them? After everything they had been through? 

"Y-Yeah, I get it." Remus replied, wanting the conversation to be over.

Patton placed two plates of food in front of them. "What happened with Deceit, Virge?" Patton asked.

Remus sunk in on himself slightly, already feeling uncomfortable.

"We had a bit of a fight," Virgil mumbled, not noticing Remus' sudden tension.

"Oh? Over what, kiddo?" Patton asked, sitting down at the table.

Remus desperately wanted to walk away from this conversation, but was also intrigued at the same time. Like how sex HURTS but feels good at the same time.

"It was basically a fight over--" Virgil stopped himself, giving Remus a quick glance. "N-Nevermind. It more so happened because of what happened with Logan the other day."

"Lo?" Patton mumbled to himself. "Hmm, speaking of Logan, where is he?" Patton asked.

"Last I saw him, he was in his room." Remus mumbled, beginning to eat his breakfast. "He made me go in for a checkup."

"Oh, how are you feeling, Princey?" Virgil asked. Remus noticed the way Virgil leaned towards him unconsciously.

"I'm feeling good. I don't know what happened back there." He laughed. "Maybe I was being so sweet, that I threw up from a sugar overdose!"

"That's not funny." Virgil grumbled. "I thought something was seriously wrong with you."

"Aw, were you worried about me?" Remus teased.

Virgil scoffed and rolled his eyes. "You wish." He smirked, though Remus could see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"I'll go get him." Patton said, standing up.

---

Logan was trying to piece together the figurative puzzle he had been working on for days. The mystery behind Roman and Remus.

He figured the two incidents were related. The two could barely stand each other and all of a sudden Roman has been "worried?"

Yeah, Logan didn't think so.

A knock on his door disrupted his thought process.

He adjusted his tie, before walking over to the door and opening it.

"Hey, Lo!" Patton beamed at him the second he opened the door.

"Oh, Patton. If you're wondering about breakfast, I will be down in 67 seconds." Logan said, pushing his glasses up.

"Well, that solves that." Patton shrugged. "But I also came up here for a different reason."

"Oh? And what would that be?" Logan asked, raising a brow. His heart raced at the idea of Patton coming to him for help.

"Tell me, Logan," Patton began, an adorable smile on his face that made Logan weak in the knees. "Do you think I'm cute?"

Logan turned bright red. "Y-Yes. I-I do."

Patton walked foward a little, and Logan backed up. Patton closed the door behind him, and Logan realized that Patton had stepped into the room.

"Logan, how much do you like me?"

"A-A lot--"

"Do you love me?" Patton asked, placing his hand on Logan's shoulder and rubbing down until they were holding hands.

"I-I don't know...what that feels like." Logan mumbled, slightly dazed.

"Do you want me to show you what that feels like?" Patton asked softly. Logan turned an ever brighter shade of crimson.

"...how would you go about doing that?" Logan asked, flustered beyond belief.

Patton giggled, placing his hands on Logan's shoulders. He leaned in, and Logan's heartbeat skyrocketed.

Logan leaned in as well, wondering if he was finally going to know what he was feeling.

Just before their lips met, Patton pulled away, a playful smile on his face. Patton shook his head, giggling to himself.

"Patton...?"

"Did you like that feeling you just had?" Patton whispered. "The desire? The passion?"

Passion, a word Logan could not define until just then.

He nodded wordlessly.

"Now, Lo, I can make you feel that every single day. We'll be together, happy forever. Do you want that?"

"More than you could imagine." Logan mumbled. Patton smiled.

"But first, you need to do one little thing for me, okay?"

"What is it?" Logan asked, breathless. "I'll do anything."

"All you need to do, is agree with me the next time Thomas summons us. Can you do that?" Patton massaged Logan's shoulders with his thumbs.

Logan nodded.

Much to his disappointment, Patton pulled away. "Now, c'mon Logan! The others are waiting!"

With that, Patton skipped out of his room.

Logan followed him, his puzzle forgotten for the time being.

---

Logan was red in the face when he sat down at the table.

Virgil and Remus exchanged a glance. They glared at each other, a silent duel as to who would ask Logan what was up.

Finally, Remus sighed. "Is something wrong, Sherlock?"

Logan jumped, before trying (and failing) to return his expression to its neutral state. "No, I am fine."

"Your red face says otherwise." Virgil snorted. "You didn't catch whatever Princey had, did you?"

"Aw, leave him alone! He's probably just embarrassed that I managed to outsmart him!" Patton laughed.

"Oh?" Remus asked. "How so?"

"Instead of knocking on the door, I said knock knock out loud! Then I lured him into a knock knock joke!" Patton exclaimed.

Virgil and Remus laughed, before returning to their previous conversation.

No one saw the sly wink Patton sent Logan. Or the way Logan turned even redder and sunk in on himself. No one saw.

Except the snake, watching from the shadows.

A/N:

Idk why this one took so long--