39

Today's the day.

Today is the day that everything changes, the day where the world becomes a different place and we become different people.

Free people.

It's odd to think what the world will be like once this is all over, something I was only ever able to dream of after government agents came to make sure there was nothing of color in our house, or when new textbooks were distributed at school with the things they wanted us to know, not what had actually happened in humanity's past.

There was so much more that they'd do, dehumanize you in front of family and friends, or execute criminals in front of entire communities just to get their point across.

The government has become an ever controlling force, and today they will be tested for the first time in the fifty years they have been in power.

"You alright babe?" Harry's voice drags me back to reality, and I look up to find his emerald eyes staring into mine, and I can tell he's just as nervous as I currently am.

"Just extremely anxious, that's all. Today is one that'll be put in history books, and what if we don't do it Harry? What if we aren't able to win the revolution?" I ask, beginning to second guess all of this.

He stares at me for a few seconds before speaking, "we are going to win, and when we do I'll make sure your name is put in that book, in a much smaller font than mine of course, but you'll still be there." He grins when he's done, and I can't help but laugh at him.

"Whatever big shot leader of a revolution," I say with my own grin, knocking my shoulder against his arm as we laugh.

"I love you." He states after a moment. Just those three words make me want to not go through with today, yearning to live a reclusive life with Harry under the Earth as we hide from the government and the harm they wish to put upon us.

"I love you too." I say back, and I can tell by the look in his that my thoughts of not going through with the revolution will never happen. Harry has too much pride because this was his parents crusade, and he now has to finish it for them, the thought of them pushing him to risk his own life and others.

"We should probably get to the briefing room, we begin soon." He says quietly, and I swear I almost hear a shake in his voice.

I nod, "let's go."

-

Everyone is in the briefing room when we arrive, and they all most definitely take note when we do. Ryder gives me a childish grin as I sit at one of the last available seats around the table, and I roll my eyes back at him.

"Thank you for deciding to join us Harry, especially since you're leading this revolution." Chris says mockingly, and I resist saying something to him which could add gasoline to a stack of hay with a match being the only missing component.

"Sorry," is all Harry says as he sits, and I'm proud of him holding back from giving into a fight.

"It's alright." Martin says more to Chris than Harry, and once again I'm reminded of his kindness. "Now let's get on with this because I've been waiting over decade for this day."

Earlier I was able to speak to Martin about Harry's parents, and apparently he was with them since the beginning. He told me of how they'd started with small protests, but when one of the protesters was publicly executed they knew things had to be taken a step further. They began to form a coalition of people whom felt nothing but hatred for the cruel government which had reigned over them for far too long. Harry's parents eventually got enough people to the point where they could construct a network of underground tunnels which all connected to outsider bases. Since then they have developed into a small army that can easily harm the government as a whole.

So, as I look over at Martin I can see not only hope, but also determination in his eyes to finish what him and his friends began all those years ago. Everyone else sees it to and I can feel an aura of anticipation beginning to build, everyone ready to put their lives on the line for this cause.

"In approximately four hours we will begin our plan, which of course you all already know, but what you don't is what each of your tasks will be during this revolution. Harry is the leader of this base, and he will let us know what he has planned for us." Chris looks to Harry once he's done speaking, and we all look to our leader.

Harry takes a deep breath before beginning, "once the bombs are set off we will head out onto the streets, Chris leading one squadron of four as I lead the other. Rose, Ryder, Jess, and Martin will all be with me while the rest of you will be with Chris. I will lead my team down the right side of the streets, using obstacles and any object available as cover. Expect heavy fire accompanied with explosives when we are out there. That's all I've got." He says, wrapping up something that won't be a reality until a few more hours pass, but it still seems all too soon.

Martin coughs before standing, "I know it may be strange to hear words that have so much potential danger, but sooner than you know, it will be real, and bullets will be flying at you, bombs exploding near you, and you'll wonder how they didn't kill you. And then people will be dead, and you will see them laying on the ground with their chests not rising and falling in a constant rhythm like they used to, and you'll want to give up, but this is no time to give up. This is the time to fight for what we believe in, and when you want to give up fight for your freedom. Fight for your family so that one day you can have your own, fight for that when everything else is telling you to stop. Fight for our freedom because we haven't truly had that for a very, very long time."

When Martin finishes speaking everyone in the room begins cheering, ready to fight in this revolution, and finally I know for sure that today is the day that everything will change.

______________________

as you can tell by my cover im apart of wattpad's 2014 best stories brought to you by itunes! this is super cool and im really honored to be apart of it :)

also a few chapters of addicted are up so go check that out

goal: 1000 votes and 400 comments

what time do you wake up in the morning for school?

i get up at 6:10, it blows

instagram & twitter: @heswriting

don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-jo