23

Harry put us through a grueling day of training, most likely because it's one of our last. As I stood in the shower with the warm water helping to relax my tense muscles, all I could think about was what would happen in just a few days. After we were all dismissed Harry asked for me to meet him in his office, and I couldn't help but think that it has to do with the outsiders. He said that he'd talked to his contact a few times, arranging things for us so we aren't caught in a web without a return.

After a few minutes I got out of the shower, getting dressed into black baggy sweatpants and a grey tight fitting tank top, quickly putting my hair into a bun before walking into the initiates room.

Niall and Jess are playing some sort of card game on a spare bed, seeming too focused on the game to notice me slip out into the training center. It didn't take me long to reach Harry's office, although I did have to walk a few laps due to people lingering in the halls. Once there was no one to witnessing me entering I knocked quietly, the door opening a few seconds later.

I was immediately panicked when it wasn't Harry who answered the door, but a tall blonde male with piercing blue eyes and a chiseled face. "You do know how to choose them, Harry." Is all he says before gesturing me inside, and I relax because clearly he knows what's going on.

"Shut up," Harry says while looking over a paper at his desk, although he is slightly smiling at the males remark.

"I'm Hunter, it's nice to meet you." Hunter sticks his hand out, and I shake it nervously, wondering just how much he knows about Harry and I.

"I'm Rose, are you an instructor here? I feel like I've seen you around." I ask.

He laughs, "unfortunately yes, but soon this place will wish they had me back."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you and Harry aren't the only ones going off to join the outsiders, I will be coming with, at least if your boyfriend would get his shit in order."

I try to ignore the fact that he just called Harry my boyfriend, and that I'm blushing furiously. "I thought there wasn't much else to plan though?"

Harry's voice cuts in, "there's not, I just need to pick a night for us to leave."

"Okay?" I say, not understanding why that's so difficult.

"We can either leave the night of the ranking, or wait until you've been moved into your appropriate rank unit to go."

"I say we go ranking night, everyone will be preoccupied, and I'd rather leave sooner than later. You and I both know that it's only a matter of time before a member finds out what we're doing." Hunter seems over anxious to leave, and I honestly can't argue.

"I have to agree, staying longer may just lead to getting in over our heads."

Harry straightens out his papers before speaking, "alright then, we leave in four days."

-

It's odd knowing that soon you'll be leaving for good, especially when no one else around you knows.

I've been trying to distance myself from Niall and Jess, already knowing how much it will pain me to leave them in just forty-eight hours. They have become my closest friends in the past month, something that I haven't really had besides with Liam.

"A lot on your mind Rose?" Jess asks with a worried expression. I can see why she would be, I haven't been myself since Hunter, Harry, and myself decided we'd be leaving on ranking night.

"Just thinking about the ranking and what will come after that, it's pretty overwhelming." I say, telling the truth but still hiding the lie which will hurt us both.

Jess shrugs, "everything will fall into place as we get settled in society, the government will make sure of it." She says all too naively, and I hope that once she finds out my decision to leave she will accept it, not hold it against me due to her beliefs.

"We had a pretty sick time here, didn't we ladies?" Niall says, finally chiming in after on focusing on his food for the past ten minutes.

"Besides the blood, sweat, and tears?" I ask with a laugh before becoming serious, "I had a great time meeting two amazing people, that's for sure."

Niall flicks imagined hair, "oh my gosh, you're going to make me blush Rose!" He says in a high pitched voice, making both Jess and burst out laughing.

As I'm in this moment of pure bliss I decide to keep it close, because soon it will become a distant memory of what was.

-

Harry and I sit in his office, both of us so silent that the clock ticking echoes in my head.

He's been going over the plans for the past fifteen minutes, and I become enveloped in boredom as I stare at the walls of his office. The blankness of them nearly drives me mad, so I divert to watching Harry. His lower lip is pulled between his teeth as he concentrates, his eyebrows furrowed as he unconsciously reads over the documents.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask him, not meaning to for the countless time but not being able to stop the words from tumbling out.

"Really? This again?" He says, not necessarily mad, just tired of explaining it to me.

"Hearing your reason makes me want to go through with it, especially since lately I've been realizing how much I'll be missing."

"I think we could make a big difference here, not only reuniting you with your family, but also changing how everything works." He yawns, "and I'm too tired to go on any longer so can we just go to bed?"

"Sounds like a plan." I say, tired from the day of training which I barely got through.

Harry neatly puts his papers in the drawer underneath his desk before taking my hand and leading me into his bedroom, turning off the lights before blindly making his way to the bed.

"Fuck!" He says loudly, groaning loudly before laying down.

"What happened?" I ask, lying down besides him.

"I stubbed my toe, and it hurt like a bitch." He says bitterly, and I can't help but laughing at him. Once I've calmed myself and apologized Harry wraps his arm around my waist, kissing the back of my neck with ease.

"Do you think it will all be worth it?" I whisper, scared to ask him what I've been thinking.

"I can only hope so." Is all he says before sighing, "a few more days and then we'll be able to find out, just bear with me."

I decide not to continue questioning what I should, and am sure of. Within a few minutes Harry is lightly snoring, and not too long after that I join him.

_______________________________

I hate school man

Goal: 1800 votes and 600 comments

Who's your favorite actor/actress?

Mine is Jessica Lange, she's incredible wtf

Instagram & Twitter: @heswriting

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-Jo x