16

We walked side by side, his hand swinging dangerously close to mine. I felt as if our kiss had brought out an uncertainty between us, still not positive of where this could be heading. It seemed as if every few seconds his mouth would open as if he was going to say something, yet no words escaped his lips.

It wasn't until the entrance to the initiates room was in sight that he spoke, "I have no intention of sounding like an asshole using you, but we can't tell anyone about what just happened. They'll think my judgement is clouded, and I can't afford to lose my job here." Harry says, his eyebrows furrowed as he hopes I will understand.

"I get it," I shrug. "I don't think other initiates would like me very much if they found out either." I say after a moment, his facial expression relaxing as his eyes flood with relief.

"Don't think that means I don't want to continue this though, because I very much do." He says genuinely, and my heart seems to race at his words.

There's no way I can give him a response though because we are at the doorway, and initiates are beginning to peer out at us in confusion.

"Go get some rest Rose," Harry says sternly as we walk inside, turning his attention to the other initiates immediately. "Everyone else line up and follow me out."

I can't help but feel odd at the fact that he now has to treat me like a student when around others when we've both clearly shown our feelings for one another. It's going to be an internal battle listening to his orders when I know the other side of him, the real one.

I'm startled when two pairs of arms wrap around me, "glad you're back Rose." Niall whispers before both him and Jess pull away, her giving me a knowing smile before getting into the line which has already formed.

I'm overwhelmed with adoration at my friends, their support over the last few days and warm welcome back making my heart swell in appreciation. They both are truly good people, and I hope after this is all over we can remain close when bombarded with a new district.

I can't help but feel a longing to go with them and do whatever Harry has in store for the group, instead I have to stay in this anything but entertaining room by myself.

I've honestly never been truly by myself for a long period of time, always having Ryder barge into my room or Liam coming over to hang out. Even my parents would go to my room to talk to me about whatever, no one ever really leaving me alone unless I needed to be in private.

Given my free time I decide to take a shower, taking as long as I want under the warm water. It feels amazing against my skin, relaxing my muscles as the seconds tick by. After I finish up and wrap a towel around myself I have no clue what to do.

The room is eerily quiet as I walk back into it, so used to the many different conversations going on in it all at once. For now I sit on a vacant bed, complete and utter boredom taking over as I stare blankly at the wall. As I look around you can clearly tell this place isn't made for recreational fun, practically everything in this place screaming how much work you'll have to put in.

Somehow another twenty minutes go by and I get dressed before putting my hair up into a ponytail, looking around the room wishing for something to distract myself. When I come up empty handed it seems inevitable when I find myself laying back in bed, closing my eyes and wishing for this day to go by quickly.

-

I'm gently being shaken before my eyes open, Jess and Niall standing above me with a layer of sweat covering both of their foreheads. It looks as if training did a number on them, and I'm again reminded how much I wish I was there as well.

"We're going down to get some food, you can go back to sleep if you'd like and we can bring it back for you." Jess says, and I immediately sit up on the bed.

"No trust me, I want to do anything other than be here right now. The only productive thing I did today was take a shower." I say truthfully.

"Alright let's go then because Nialler is so hungry he could eat a cow." Niall says, dramatically placing a hand over his stomach.

Jess laughs, "I think it's a horse."

"Well cow just sounds more appealing to me anyways," he counters.

As I get out of bed they continue their playful banter, and I can't help but notice the gleam in Niall's eye as he jokes with Jess. It seems as if they've built a stronger connection over the past few days, and I've unfortunately missed out on it.

"Ready to go?" Niall asks, turning his attention fully to me once I've put my shoes on and tied them.

When I nod the three of us leave the initiates room, ascending to the next level down of the training center to get to the eating area. Right now there's not too many patrons sitting at the tables, maybe about ten or so scattered around talking quietly amongst themselves.

It's strange to have so much quiet here when usually it's bursting with chatter, the eating area being the main place where groups of friends meet up and sit for hours just talking. For some reason Liam pops up in my mind, but I quickly forget about him seeming as how much it hurts. I will never see him again, and that's all there is to it.

"No way," Niall says. "They're serving wings." He excitedly gets into the food line, Jess and I following suit. Sure enough the ladies behind the counters give us a plate full of wings, and I hear some members nearby talking about how this only happens once a year.

The three of us find an empty table and sit down, each of us picking up the small wings which are covered with a red sauce, causing my mouth to water with hunger.

"You've never had these before have you?" Niall says as he bites down into the meat, pulling it off before chewing with a satisfied expression. "Just don't eat the bone," he says, and I roll my eyes at the pretty obvious statement.

Nevertheless I mimic both him and Jess' actions, savoring the food until I swallow it, continuing until there is practically nothing left on the bone. As I finish I put put my forefinger inside my mouth before sucking on it to attain the leftover flavors.

I can't help but feel someone watching me as I do the same to each finger, looking up to find a pair of green eyes watching my every movement. His tongue swipes across his lower lip, an action that causes me to stir where I sit. When I know I've been staring for too long I look away, repeating the same steps I did as before with a fresh wing.

Once again he's caught with his eyes roaming, the slight flick of his head telling me to follow wherever he escapes to, and I do. "I'll be right back, I have to use the restroom." I say to Jess and Niall, keeping Harry in my peripheral vision as he slips around a corner, going unnoticed by everyone but me.

As I walk the same path he just did my heart begins to race, turning the corner to find it leads to a narrow hallway. I continue about ten more feet until a pair of strong arms pull me to the side into a wide doorway.

"You think I would let you tease me like that with no consequence?" He whispers harshly, lips brushing against the shell of my ear, causing chills to go up and down my spine as he presses his hips into mine.

My back is pressed against the wall as his lips move dangerously close to mine with a tormenting proximity, and I wonder how long we can truly keep this a secret.

_______________________________

I'll continue that next chapter you horny little bitches

last chapter got the most comments ever (besides first chapter) which shows why you all are horny case closed

but I guess I am too cause I write it so high five

Goal: 1700 votes and 600 comments

What was the first concert you ever went to?

My first was Kelly Clarkson lol

Instagram & Twitter: @heswriting

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

-Jo x