30

A.N You guys are killing me with the lack of comments! When people comment it gives me motivation, but lately the lack of feedback makes me not want to update as often. So, if you're someone who never comments please try to, and don't forget to vote!

-

Harry's POV

I've been sat in the debrief room for a good fifteen minutes before Chris walks in, a microchip in hand. He seems in a hurry as he plugs it into a computer and images of a girl no older than myself comes up on the monitor. She has straight brown hair just past her shoulders, green eyes looking back at the camera with dullness.

"Who is she?" Is the first thing I ask, continuing to examine her features. She's clearly a target, whether a good or bad one I can't tell quite yet.

Chris crosses his arms over his chest, "her name is Zoe, she's an outsider who was taken into custody."

"She's pretty." I turn around at the sound of Hunter's voice. He must have just gotten here, his blonde hair still damp from the shower he just took.

Chris ignores Hunter's comment, continuing on about the task. "Today she will be transported to a new unknown holding space, and you two are going to rescue her."

I look at him with raised eyebrows, "and how would you expect us to do that?"

"You will be given a vehicle, and you will crash into the car holding Zoe. Expect gunfire, the government have began to use heavier machinery recently."

Hunter begins to laugh, "did I just hear you right?" We're going to crash into what is probably a well built vehicle, and somehow not get injured just from that?"

"We already know the exact moment and trajectory you will impact them at so that you both will not be harmed. Them on the other hand... we'll have to see when the time comes." Chris explains, as if he likes the idea of the harm they will suffer.

"Alright, so when will we be going through with this?" I ask.

"In twenty minutes, go gear up and come back here when you're ready."

Hunter and I walk out of the briefing room, going to the where the lockers are located and changing into a black shirt, jacket, and pants. At least they don't stray from the norm of black here.

"Harry, these boots are made for walkin', and that's just what they'll do." I look up to find him showing off a pair of sturdy black boots, causing me to break out laughing.

My eyes screw shut as I have trouble controlling myself, "that's hilarious, mate," Is all I'm able to say through the laughter, eventually stopping and putting on my own pair of boots.

"Let's get going before we're late for our first mission." Hunter says, slapping my shoulder as he walks out of the locker room. I finish tying the laces before heading back to the briefing room, finding an assault rifle laid out on the table, waiting for me.

"The rounds are already on your suit if you couldn't tell." Chris says, and I nod seeming as there's a loaded clip strapped onto my waist.

"Alright, let's get to the vehicle, time isn't exactly on our side at the moment." He says, leading Hunter and I into a sort of garage space with a black metal car in the center of it.

Chris tosses me the keys and I open the car door before sitting in the driver's seat, Hunter getting in as well.

"We will be communicating with you through a bluetooth system within the car, good luck." Chris gives us a wave, walking back into the headquarters, and I quickly shut the driver's side door.